So what kind of tires are you guys running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I need to get new tires for the 60 in the next few weeks. I am running 31x10.5x15's on the stock wheels. I currently have Pirelli's on the truck that are not very good at all! On my Pathfinder I run 31x10.5x15 BFG At's, and I think that is a great tire on the Path. However will it be good on my 60, ie: the weight of the 60? On the Path they seem to last forever.
I don't do much off-roading at all, so I guess an AT would be good. Any other ideas? How loud would the BFG Mt's be?

Thanks,
Zack

I just recived my Super swampers yesterday that will be going on this weekend. The tires look extremely meetty :)

I have BFG A/Ts on both trucks. The ones on the 62 are 32/11.5/15s they have over 35k miles on them and are still looking good.

I have not had any problem with the A/Ts and would recommend them for anyone who isn't in the mud all of the time. They are great on all road conditions.....and it is snowing here today: FINALLY !!!

They are not the greatest in mud, but they are excellent All Terrain tires.

37x12.5x17 GoodYear MTR's on Trail ready bead locks.

TB

picture.JPG

for daily driver, i've always been happy with bfg's. don't wear out too quick and still decent off road. on my 60, i like the look of a 33x10.5

Had BFG AT forever great compormise tire. Have Wild Country TXR 285x75x16 now and love them too, a bit better (10%) in mud than the AT but more road noise (10%).

I don't do mud. Light offroad, light snow, mainly highway. I am on my 2nd set of
Michelin LTX AT 31x10.5R15. Not loud and wears well. Highly recommended.

HZJ60 Guy said:
37x12.5x17 GoodYear MTR's on Trail ready bead locks.
]

I am now running 35x12.5 MTR's

Last edited:
I've got BFG AT 33X10.5 and they treated me right. I am going to replace the rear two in the next couple of weeks (they are bald and the snows coming). I haven;t done a ton of mud, but they have held up pretty well on the rocks in west texas. Good luck

Patrick

BFG MT's are great!

BFG 33x10.5's muds. these are the quietest mud tires ive ever had. i can tell no difference in sound from either AT/MT. go with MT's, they rok! BTW, goodyears were on my list, but they dont make a 10.5 tire, just 12.5 which i dont think youll want on stock wheels...

I run 36x12.5 TSL radial. they are LOUD but they are way meaty. I run some Wild countrys on my 55 but will probably switch it to the bfgs when they need new skin. I am thinking of putting some MT claws on the 60 when the swampers wear out.

What you use your tires for would probably help with recomendations.

E

I run Goodyear MT/Rs in 31X10.50 on stock 15" rims. I haveabout 15K on them, and like them a lot - especially the 3 ply sidewalls. 80% of my driving is highway, but they come into their own on the last 20% - sorta trails, mud, snow, rocks, etc.

Mike S

yokohama geolanders are ok, I got them on my 60, handle snow and ice, but fill up with mud, not very self cleaning. mine are 30x9.5x 15. tooo small, po bought them. Next possibly goodyear MTR they have good look for mud and snow. also I am thinking of 35's .

round ones :flipoff2:

Goodyear Wrangler MTRs in 32X11.50, great tire and round also. Good size for stock or mildly built rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom