so, this 80 I bought for cheap doesn't have a horn... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just left of hood latch one wire grounds through the horn mounting bracket.

image.jpg

You need the horns off a Mercedes 600 Grosser. O'le Jezza Clarkson 'got kicked out of London' when he set one of those off in a parking garage. lol

Get a Nathan’s Air Chime Air Horn set-up, and the next “red light reader” you are stuck behind will go into cardiac arrest when you lay on them!

I am running full size American luxury sedan horns mounted on OEM Toyota brackets. Fit well and sound much better than the originals. Cost me $5 at PicknPull.
How did you fit those in front of the radiator? I got a new horn and I am having trouble fitting it where I can connect the wiring to it

Do you have a pic how the horn wire connects to pad? I'm putting factory wheel back in after taking off the Nardi wood wheel. I see the wire but not where it connects.

Ya all just need to slow down🤪
The LS400 horns are also plug and play and mount right up in the OEM spot.
Much louder without being obnoxious😉

Last edited:
This is the ultimate solution I found for my rig.
Electric air horn.
Also has a PA function. So when the horn isn’t sufficient, your can just yell at them.

IMG_4661.png

IMG_4660.png

Putting the factory wheel back in my 96 80. Turns out the wheel is for newer landcruisers with the horn wire connected to a harness. The landcruiser has the older style brass pin. So I poached the horn ring off the nardi wheel. But realized the ring touching the metal of the wheel caused it to ground out. So i think if I insulate the ring with electrical tape it should work with the button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom