so, this 80 I bought for cheap doesn't have a horn... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't seen to find where the wiring for the nonexistent horns is. Any idea? I have looked at wiring diagrams, and they really aren't much help for tracking it down.

I can't seen to find where the wiring for the nonexistent horns is. Any idea? I have looked at wiring diagrams, and they really aren't much help for tracking it down.
It doesn't HAVE a horn, or the horn doesn't work?

there no horns in the vehicle. they were removed, for what reason I have no clue. i cannot find the harness that would run to the horns, so I need to find out where that harness would run to, so I can make a new one and install horns. It is a PITA when some jerk is in front of me at a stop light reading his/her phone and I can't honk at him/her. LOL

it looks like it comes off the headlight/etc harness, but I have yet to find the horn harness dangling off it.

When you get this sorted I suggest the “Premium” JDM 200 series horns. Part number 08522-60010.

Actual wiring harness for horns comes out of major harness that crosses in front of radiator, up inside the removable section of channel.

awesome. I will take a look. thx!

h7 and h8 are the horn connectors, you can get away with just using a 1/4 inch blade connector since yours arnt there. you may need to dig around the rad support to find the wire end that was cut to make a wire repair. when you do make the wore repair both horns are wired in series

so, i just found the harness tucked between the radiator and the condenser. now I just need to do some testing with a multimeter to make sure that it has voltage, and find some horns. thanks guys!

This could be a good excuse for getting an air compressor - a friend of mine has set up an air horn somewhere under the truck, and it really gets everyone's attention... :hillbilly:

I am running full size American luxury sedan horns mounted on OEM Toyota brackets. Fit well and sound much better than the originals. Cost me $5 at PicknPull.

The stock horns suck... Great big truck, itty bitty little horns. This is on my short list of up grades.

I found horns from a VW bug are awesome. Hella's. Those germans know how to make em'.

This thread inspired me to do some searching. Looks like the GM 4 note horns from the ~70/80/early 90s is going to be my choice! 4 note A C D and F! Check out the YouTube videos of these things. Mostly on cadillacs and Buicks it sounds like.

I pulled two horns off a LX 430 at the junkyard. Huge difference for $10, Plug and play, no mods nothing.

I run Hellas the high low "beep, eventually, I may do the air horns. They are mounted on opposite sides of the radiator support. Loud, and do wonders to the asshats who are effen around with their phones at lights. Now if they only looked in their rearview, and see a big arse TOYOTA grille filling it up, I wouldn't have to hit the horn!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom