So I have been driving this 80 series.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought it (the replacement twice removed) two years ago.......my 2005 UZJ100 :bounce: It's definitely a :princess: ride and we will miss the 80.

Oops, forgot the eye candy!
2005UZJ100a.jpg

I bought it (the replacement twice removed) two years ago.......my 2005 UZJ100 :bounce: It's definitely a :princess: ride and we will miss the 80. I love to just look at the damn thing!! Anyway, with our upcoming cross-country trip in the 'pop-up' camper and two LCs that can not be towed 4 down, we decided to store the 100 and sell the 80.

We couldn't have chosen a better successor for her second home. I hope she will be happy and treat her new family well. :cheers:

Oops, forgot the eye candy!

Sounds good CC! When do y'all commence the big trip? I like the eye candy! Can't wait to see that one in person.

You did choose a good new home for the 80. I am sure that Marshall will treat it well!

Marshall,
You are making a big mistake here. You will never be happy; stick with the jeep. These 80's are not what they are cracked up to be. You should stay with the superior vehicle.....the jeep.

Should I buy it? It's a UC members ride. It's hard to let the Jeep go.:eek:

I like the eye candy! Can't wait to see that one in person.

Well I guess you were at Davids, but between the beverages and your brothers FJ repairs you missed it.

That is one of the cleanest 80's I've seen, nice score! Seems Ken and CC really took care of it.

decontaminating our Prez

Never. One lifted modded vehicle in the family is enough. Plus I told CC I would take good care of it. Somebody is this club has got to have a few stock vehicles so we can actually see how they rolled off the line when new.:flipoff2:

Hey now, we refuse to even put larger casings on our 80. I like a nice
ride. Ya know we call it The Coach for a reason.
That is one pretty 80 ya got there Troll. When is the Jeep Burn ? :grinpimp:
I hear they make a great bonfire after letting them sit for a spell
then setting fire to the drips that puddle under them. ;)
Congrats on your new cushy ride.
Ohm....cruiser,cruiser,cruiser....Ohm

Hey now, we refuse to even put larger casings on our 80. I like a nice
ride. Ya know we call it The Coach for a reason.
That is one pretty 80 ya got there Troll. When is the Jeep Burn ? :grinpimp:
I hear they make a great bonfire after letting them sit for a spell
then setting fire to the drips that puddle under them. ;)
Congrats on your new cushy ride.
Ohm....cruiser,cruiser,cruiser....Ohm

Hey, hey, Counselor.........give the Prez a break! His Jeep may be as special to him as his new (my past) 80 has been to me. It represents a lot of things;

achievement - I always said, "When I grow up, I'll buy a Land Cruiser. Well, I wasn't grown up yet on 11/11/93 when I bought my first cruiser but I've had three more since that fateful date. (by the way, I traded an almost new Jeep Cherokee for her, Marshall :flipoff2: )

comfort - In 1993, mobile phones were still attached to the console!! I was able to conduct business with a hands free system, driving down the road at 75mph, smoking a cigarette and taking notes....awesome! :bounce2:

safety - I can't imagine driving a sedan again, heck, you can't see what you are getting ready to run over.

beauty - There are very few vehicles more classic (& classy) than an 80 series......period.

Marshall's 'new to him' 1993 Land Cruiser was loved by me for the first 120K miles and meticulously maintained. She's been driven by Ken for the past several years and never let him down. We hope she will provide Marshall's family with good service and lots of 'ooohs' and aaaaahs'.

OK, I'll quit waxing philosophically now. My starting point was to quit knocking the J--p because it's special to someone, too!!

nice . . . i found one i liked in GA that my wife wanted to get, but by the time we got there someone else had purchased it . . . had 63k, was burgundy, and really nice leather according to the owner . . . never got to see it . . . so now we're continuing to search out the fj55 of our dreams as a DD for the both of us . . . one day . . . one day

Marshall,
You are making a big mistake here. You will never be happy; stick with the jeep. These 80's are not what they are cracked up to be. You should stay with the superior vehicle.....the jeep.

:bounce:ROTFLMAO:bounce2: That's the funniest thing I've ever seen on this forum!!
I've trailed with 80's and I've trailed with jeeps. The 80's out-trail any jeeps I've ever been with that were street legal. That's off-road.
On pavement . . . well come on now. Total no-brainer.

That was supposed to be funny right?
Please say yes.

Thanking you in advance,
b

Ahhhh Bill? It was a Marshall's whimpering that spurred the need for the joke.
K

Jeep has always been a sore spot when it comes to club events. But it has never been in the shop in the 140k I have on it. There is nothing that can make up for the raw in the seat pants of a V-8 in a little car like that, that is only 2wd. It's kind of like driving around in a mustang.
But it needs to go.
:bounce:ROTFLMAO:bounce2: That's the funniest thing I've ever seen on this forum!!
I've trailed with 80's and I've trailed with jeeps. The 80's out-trail any jeeps I've ever been with that were street legal. That's off-road.
On pavement . . . well come on now. Total no-brainer.

That was supposed to be funny right?
Please say yes.

Thanking you in advance,
b

Bill,
Again I sense you have a nose for the occult: owning a jeep is like drawing a 7 high straight. It will beat three-of-a-kind, but it won't make a player.
KM

Proof Positive

Never. One lifted modded vehicle in the family is enough. Plus I told CC I would take good care of it. Somebody is this club has got to have a few stock vehicles so we can actually see how they rolled off the line when new.:flipoff2:

Marshall picked up this 80 from us in Pickens on August 27, 2007. Zoom in and notice the lack of dents and pinstripes! :clap:

(I'm glad someone rejuvenated this thread to give me another opportunity to poke at Marshall)! :grinpimp:

(J.P., Remind him we will be home in about 60 days)! :steer:
MarshallsNewRig08-27-07-1.jpg
MarshallsNewRig08-27-2.jpg

congrats . . . still looking for an 80 for us as well . . . we're also still looking for our 40, 45, 62 . . . etc.
that color is awesome, man! truly congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom