FJ 40 Tire size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toss out some additional info. Assuming you want to use a “bigger” tire? Stock suspension height? 33/9.50x15 is a popular choice on stock 15” rims.

Top of the page you’ll find the FAQ section. Several pics of that combo. There are other options.

Jon, Im sure many will chime in but to add the discussion can you provide some more info and Im sure many will provide recommendations:

- is it stock springs or lifted, if lifted, how much
- what do you want to do with it, normal driving, off road weekend warrior thingys
- how much do you want to spend
- Stock gearing or something else

As you have the stock wheels my recommendation is for the old tried and true 31/10.5R15 tires. You can still get them anywhere and for a stock-ish set up on suspension they are great. The Kenda Klever 33X9.50R15 tires are also being used with a modest lift (I believe they rub a little on full tilt and articulation) and will fit on the same rims. There are many debates on mud tires vs AT, skinny or fat, modest height sidewalls.
Hope this helps, I have a 74 as well and started off with 31/10.5R15's and stock suspension. I now run 16 inch wheels with 235/85R16s on a 2.5 inch lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom