Slee slider decision (new version step sliders) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formerjeeper

SILVER Star
Threads
Have been planning for a while on the Slee slider steps like this: SLEE - SliderSteps - '98-07 Land Cruiser / Lexus LX 470 with AHC removed - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok1277/

But today went to their site and saw this formed slider like their 200 series sliders: SLEE - Formed Step Slider - '98-07 Land Cruiser / Lexus LX 470 with AHC Removed - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sok2054/

Are these new or has anyone installed/seen them in person? Leaning towards this formed version for my daily driver but any experience or advice is welcome.

Why would Slee spend the time and energy to design a slider that only fits a non AHC 100 series???

There are plenty (probably even more) LX470s and 06-07 AHC equipped cruisers still running AHC

Seems like they missed an opportunity in the market

(but then again they know more than me about marketing for the 100)

Last edited:
Reactions: GTV
@Formerjeeper I run the traditional step slider that you linked first. I have them on a 100. They are a functional step and have a textured step plate that does its job. During winter the tube can be slippery (just like any running board) and I have seen several members run grip tape.

From an esthetic standpoint I prefer the look of the traditional tube slider as they compliment the tube work on my front ARB bullbar and the tube ladder on my Slee rear bumper.

Here are a few pics although when installed on a black truck they could be any brand slider and it’d be hard to tell them apart

E8250DA5-5EB7-41E4-AB6F-4DDD288510C0.jpeg

8C5D327C-7452-42D9-9F6E-FC6B65EEBA00.jpeg

69F61199-C12A-4CA8-9DAD-B4825304C8A6.jpeg

I do like the new design and would certainly give them a try although in my opinion they look significantly more like running boards.

Hope any of this helps

I have the traditional tube sliders on my 06 and had them on my 99 as well. I have grip tape on the outer rail which I consider a bit of a must have. They get SLICK without it and it's a serious concern, IMO. I slipped off it twice and those bruised shins motivated me real quick to jump on Amazon and grab some tape.

@Kyle Bell has the new formed style on his 200 (with AHC, FWIW) and it's a very good looking piece of metal and the outer lip is not nearly as rounded and slip-inducing as the older tube style.

zqTWEFEOlbrJgQ8nS798gsts3hOPW63MQcvfk5pL6l81V_BDW7632vrWg6fCfczL52pXrlZjA0c6eGkWWdqU7LS_ti1KwWSJZcixQvm8rJ6NS1uRf8TkM6rlM3mJsucbk-yk21xY_ksNFFrIXJpYvP8Cd6PKLVYOd7N1pCiPm83tEETD_XkqQEIT_LDNQZnQdjXdRknl58lA9O4LRRwvq17Zdn2m6eMAsXoqVFpMkulLPx03wzoyZhtURXivRYLAzoy9jqLFBV5R4HIcMzbUlCkTK4OjdrTGB4Vq8j09l_aAPviKrZRIg3aa6Kr1gNIhhU4060Er83FfBXIZ1uZlzrKH66StjuOoAKimAWLFYvT_uKu23XA3aGw_AGdYhHvRKPi-NDKsogBaTKDGqQs9a3r6TqdJTqD9VQZ6ZRrCoxXpzmWkQA0vaAFBMs3aHOLDxJImTxGpTivW3MonHrcJjSkDHAxHrag7t7kyeD7ZCx4Vx4sZUAdbdzMLrQFwkhBTQCOaSyoBkC1ZrCNtTNum2zqvcGuzogm-yZkjDU_86RreWvy8j3uu2DmitgPgJQQuRKdWtHSxGAkoE6MVNl7KpbUOvjUeMUnAZ4smGND7gQCIKGo-5jRRN3z-VvZpPoaf1GJJjtqSrMmcnI-IlPn95w_7Li8XErEC22M4AOGt5AaW9sxHQlGjLGef1bEIp5pT4HPfAQWamRVqu6n-vMqp4x2981FkrOR8Rbg3ShlfBV3zGr_-xSD-l3eeuROZXIbEaF9FIFKc9TDYyUkZqM1UAo-UVcU8Fpa2GDB_r8MERp-PWiP8Y2RI41EMkJMwV8CFfULCkCq_UfM3UkO_RaJIQITj7fVvAUOZvwwHq0uuBAWFj4ybqv9DtaefUO3NOFpKIhPN3MyoelqMof1yUt9bi_kF8K4DxrJq50M9m3mOl1VwaIvvQUk5mAde9Alz5sdMlqioW9L7uJO7eRBRtgmlkp0=w663-h880-s-no

idCC92x97RjEPAEOycVorsY0JZ9uvJVid4EwxdbDRiSbhn_40ZWNKo0uIBksKJtFI-nWz8oLjKUdkMxanjiNuLz-PaUMR0FSVdEBOK9vvI-rHGaJ3ua4iDWN5L-qfBW5E4emvZP3GqCX2jSYhhsECq1io0XivaaBf98SIVtQYsGreJTbqu41Q0bpB4Vs0EFLd10BHicaSMYyb5gESYtCytPT4LbAUFV8SJkNKO1UwC7-t10TMzblBLcY93Vju2hQPoBpfViy3_ROWWens3uNS13J8DsfcxedVhyi7Ja4rovactALjAi7nOXJOjaWggi1TwC9RtZ_byp-vsONPfXZZy3bxo_JDFfNFnGe7xTt-gwTed2PGI7delBxqa-dcjMtYhyKS5TcpPnq4iOiT4AkfRNl5XSGWviV_mNocIiF1dat22s2nhe1TG3bb7IdDieO_qlYFMJwDOM42SkkjBL270luiPDv4rJeILTpQ8vnib_ZtijTMdDQBQLEncZg-Doof_hLK6qgeZ2UubUq_kUTTya__wwdyq0qb0IZIi3Z_ige4SlIWmy-k2BbCkYdFsq1RierE60FGuCnK9RUXudBH30gAtu4NxBysr0zPz7oedB59gVpFoWjqUpHxJCintTG09zYLdN_ijq6jJ8KLYXDjEooZ0DE8O9cZHFw0TpG2wU7mDj-CtC8Cpd9BCbFysOZrXR0-1qQj4lXePDAlXu2wtz-guMyD7KSuHES_pqbElslDy6iW0rH19wprhCv9fm4J9-pOF3l3AN0RCfIFr-KfAx5XMDyRXhU3el2FipP53AVfIWBJe5ajfE7kehI7L95qnQL11_PVohQ0NIrOQTfHXJEjiFHdRoyax34d0WvNjWITWXqTzUfkQO5sLhPrDh94WMGtcx2gv0OWNXkcorGHI-5uwao9tFnZavFCD4J1E4tGQkx_o5j1-ZuP4_b1uFAxSCpoFOHHG05OBuZHIccoB0=w1169-h880-s-no

iEu7gZJs9Bb2Yck8tHMK5JUHWjjRXNyoNUK1zx8lutTw2pUU-rnwmrsAXCAVQwV_PF7NXadx9usBS6myExMEpzTltmgFP5WPyObg-CkCvcL6t26Z8lj0vbFDoanyG8iDAAS2OBdSVul8kDHsJcBj_alZKAvnCsVOstEnTlXejmickvErXH5kD9EdjWUrpXwhTFp9_tePa-4uemF_Le1WPUXDa4Z39pi18AzShcQ5pstBnUXYERkba1fr0bL2sVWclCKIH9ZcWsUYfQ5uMmfgeQtvl2cPRM7Qv1b6ktTjbFzrqWIV8B69_IWw8RkVbaZh5o_omqgAFw6Muh6WQXjU8AUO1J0-JHljKP9ws-SeWeKg-meZqCvaq23M1aqfspGMa2lz96kEkWu0bJD-Apu5Z0iP6wI0aIc9F9bYZQ3U50lfnLvP8oNsspRRY-dCrVXXOEPgtywP5Z97_i-KXCDCjbWlLH1YxMw3rQbfkP_9H3hQqKtZq0NSTcaTMjQkBL-2N2Uq8zGlJg0k3pRhVuEQnVcGTcQjoI8Fx0mS7P-gmaFaB18OqLj-npPSRIBjROv3fSLyLLUWgJQp2cvd25spcTWq2cGJfC97yff26xQLFHWvvx0WX8tKIJJnKuszhm8tYm3zMVr63kB9A6zXCblO-lOOzOQfiWPFwKqRIG_323amA4MpQHdUSRxYN8IphmtBE4GL4aBPa1oFrL8wnSEGZTsmUJ05QGC9QJcYlyCmlYuutV6p1iEGbIYTvM-GPbkynQP_BxQWpWfXdTHVgYp4xQI8A_w9UM5nCkQP9py46wA5imlfnTwTAL97hVR64xj9rF0OlGmzJLMZfUA5ZNCzd6GDqTr9cxMpdtxxQMwN1MMFVKFxk4vM_1RTPFwr10WwqZ2_vqhAHEJ9liJ2yuAScDNRThYAeoXKoGo_OR8XgInpr41V-GvHcnmfOK10e-sNx6fRIJEGhKAkc4aoViA8nUk=w1169-h880-s-no

@suprarx7nut

My point exactly, why would Slee develop a 200 series slider that works on both the traditional suspension TLC and AHC equipped LX570 but not provide the same offering for 100 series owners?

(Strength 2 supporting arms vs 3?)

Btw - those Braids do it for me! Never get tired of seeing your LX 😍

@suprarx7nut

My point exactly, why would Slee develop a 200 series slider that works on both the traditional suspension TLC and AHC equipped LX570 but not provide the same offering for 100 series owners?

(Strength 2 supporting arms vs 3?)

Btw - those Braids do it for me! Never get tired of seeing your LX 😍
I can't answer for Slee, but I think it's a strength thing. My 06 sliders are AHC compatible. I believe it's the same structure as the non-AHC product, but with one fewer mounting arms. Presumably it's weaker... I guess? I'm sure Slee is aiming for the strongest thing they can make. That said,. I've come down on the AHC sliders a few times and I don't think I've budged anything. It's rock solid even with only two arms.

Shoot Slee an email and let them know you love the product... and also love your AHC. AHC used to be a "rip it out immediately for off-roading" thing, but that's not at all the case anymore. I have to think Ben and Christo would be receptive to community feedback from the AHC crowd.

Thanks for the kind words! Those Braids were the first time I bought "not cheap" wheels and I've loved them.

I think I like that the new version look a little more like running boards (and sounds like a little more functional as running boards) since my LC is 95% stock and staying that way for a long time - daily driver, have clients riding in it regularly, etc.

Mainly wondering if there is some concern/downside to the new version but I'm guessing Slee isn't going to put out an inferior product.

I think I like that the new version look a little more like running boards (and sounds like a little more functional as running boards) since my LC is 95% stock and staying that way for a long time - daily driver, have clients riding in it regularly, etc.

Mainly wondering if there is some concern/downside to the new version but I'm guessing Slee isn't going to put out an inferior product.
They sound Iike the perfect option for you. Pick up a set of those lights and you’ll really impress your clients

OK...

Would love to hear from someone who has the new version or if there are any downsides/weaknesses.

If they are that new and nobody has them, maybe I'll be the guinea pig and report back.

They're different because one of the AHC bits interferes with one of the frame arms on the LX and AHC equipped LC. They had each available for awhile, guess with the new style they're just doing 3 arms. They'd know best how many 2 arm AHC sliders they've sold over the years, may not be worth it for them.

We decided to provide a new product on the 100 series market since we had people ask for a sliders simmilar to our 200 / LX570 slider.

The formed sliders are always a lighter duty slider but still fully functional as a slider. That said anytihng can be bent if you try hard enough. The regular rectangular tube and round outer rail is definately stronger, but also comes with a weight penalty. Not everyone needs them, but some do.

We would hate to call them overland sliders, but that is probably their market. The mounting system is the same between both styles of sliders.

Non AHC sliders have three legs per side. We looked at the AHC system to see if we could do a single slider that would cover both cases, but then you have to start with bolt on legs and that complicates things and results into higher cost.

We do have the regular sliders availalbe for AHC trucks and no immediate plans to produce an AHC version. Sales numbers for prevcious AHC version sliders did not warrante bringing another SKU on board.

I guess we will see how these are received and then go from there.

We decided to provide a new product on the 100 series market since we had people ask for a sliders simmilar to our 200 / LX570 slider.

When I bought my 100 series I saw a set of Slee sliders on a 200 series and loved them! Went to your website ready to order a set and was really disappointed to see plain old tube sliders like everywhere else for the 100.

Its funny I feel the opposite of @bozncsurf I liked the formed ones because I thought they matched the finished look of the ARB bumper better. The complete/finished look which is part of why I ended up with an ARB bumper and also why I liked the formed sliders.

The formed sliders are handsome, they look OEM. I always thought AHC vs non AHC was just the matter of the center leg. It can't be chopped off to work with AHC?

I wish i would have held off on the MetalTech ones i bought. Not that they aren't awesome, which they are... but these are amazing

I almost feel that way about my WK sliders. I really like the bump out though, I use it all the time.

5600E02B-C971-4760-A027-C40530868002.jpeg

When I bought my 100 series I saw a set of Slee sliders on a 200 series and loved them! Went to your website ready to order a set and was really disappointed to see plain old tube sliders like everywhere else for the 100.

Its funny I feel the opposite of @bozncsurf I liked the formed ones because I thought they matched the finished look of the ARB bumper better. The complete/finished look which is part of why I ended up with an ARB bumper and also why I liked the formed sliders.
But then you wouldn’t have had as much fun installing the ARB side rails and steps 😜

I’m a guy that can truly appreciate hidden promotions and at this point i’m ready to grin down a grizzly.

But then you wouldn’t have had as much fun installing the ARB side rails and steps 😜
Yeah I looked at the ARB "sliders" for about 2 seconds before realizing they were just steps LOL Right now im still running the factory sides because I havent found anything I liked enough to buy. After seeing your truck though the round does actually go good with the bars on the ARB bumper

Yeah I looked at the ARB "sliders" for about 2 seconds before realizing they were just steps LOL Right now im still running the factory sides because I havent found anything I liked enough to buy. After seeing your truck though the round does actually go good with the bars on the ARB bumper
I don’t know - sometimes I feel like I’m a little slow to adapt. 80 to 100 series, 16” wheels to 18”, ARB to dissent, these could easily be my next move to more modern

I used to run throw back headlights, steelies, and pizza cutters and really loved the round tubing in the sliders

53F07C8F-E0C4-44C5-A823-FBBE153EFDB8.jpeg

705BBAEF-7498-466D-A5AA-9F7283BAB71F.jpeg

It really depends on the need you have for the build as well as the look you’re going for.

I did think it was really funny that there are literally thousands of post in the 100 section that either recommend removing or celebrate the removal of the factory steps / running boards .... And then everyone (certainly including myself here) gets really excited about a newly released slider that looks exactly like - well, a running board!

That being said, my wife drives an LX470 and if these newly released “overland” sliders were AHC compatible then I’d definitely cough up the coin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom