Slee slider decision (new version step sliders) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And how ironic that Slee would advertise the newly released sliders on an LX470 but not actually offer them for the oem LX470

(Obviously the LX pictured had been converted to traditional coil).

We decided to provide a new product on the 100 series market since we had people ask for a sliders simmilar to our 200 / LX570 slider.

The formed sliders are always a lighter duty slider but still fully functional as a slider. That said anytihng can be bent if you try hard enough. The regular rectangular tube and round outer rail is definately stronger, but also comes with a weight penalty. Not everyone needs them, but some do.

We would hate to call them overland sliders, but that is probably their market. The mounting system is the same between both styles of sliders.

Non AHC sliders have three legs per side. We looked at the AHC system to see if we could do a single slider that would cover both cases, but then you have to start with bolt on legs and that complicates things and results into higher cost.

We do have the regular sliders availalbe for AHC trucks and no immediate plans to produce an AHC version. Sales numbers for prevcious AHC version sliders did not warrante bringing another SKU on board.

I guess we will see how these are received and then go from there.

Straight from the man himself, thanks Christo. Those new ones on the 200 are gorgeous.
The formed sliders are handsome, they look OEM. I always thought AHC vs non AHC was just the matter of the center leg. It can't be chopped off to work with AHC?

I almost feel that way about my WK sliders. I really like the bump out though, I use it all the time.

View attachment 3286703
The downside (or upside?) to the new formed ones are that they really do look factory. Unless you know what you're looking for, they appear to be an OEM piece of equipment. The beauty of the plastic ones OEMs make, but in a usable form of steel. It's an impressive feat.

Reactions: jLB
I did think it was really funny that there are literally thousands of post in the 100 section that either recommend removing or celebrate the removal of the factory steps / running boards .... And then everyone (certainly including myself here) gets really excited about a newly released slider that looks exactly like - well, a running board!

That being said, my wife drives an LX470 and if these newly released “overland” sliders were AHC compatible then I’d definitely cough up the coin.
Can't speak for everyone, but I loved the OEM steps from a functional daily perspective. The LX ones especially are amazing. The solid light tube thing looks awesome in the evening and the wide step is fantastic. My ideal product would be a Slee or Dissent made armored shell with the step width and lighting of the OEM thing.

Years ago, I felt like people ragged on the "step sliders" for not being hardcore enough. Now, all I want is a big wide functional step that I can lay the car down on if I climb over a tricky rock.

Years ago, I felt like people ragged on the "step sliders" for not being hardcore enough. Now, all I want is a big wide functional step that I can lay the car down on if I climb over a tricky rock.
So true!

Do you think we’re finally getting over the hype and just want something practical .....

Or do you think we’re just getting Old!!!

So true!

Do you think we’re finally getting over the hype and just want something practical .....

Or do you think we’re just getting Old!!!
I'm just getting old for sure, lol.

I'm not even that old. I'm scared to see what I'll be like in another 15 years... Eek.

I’m not sure the juice is worth the squeeze with these formed running board/steps/sliders- depends on what you expect from them- as a high clearance step platform prob better than stock running boards-aesthetically nicer looking-but I wouldn’t count on sliding over an obstacle and them holding their form. The pictures dont show the internal reinforcement-if it’s got gussets for strength.

Can't speak for everyone, but I loved the OEM steps from a functional daily perspective. The LX ones especially are amazing. The solid light tube thing looks awesome in the evening and the wide step is fantastic. My ideal product would be a Slee or Dissent made armored shell with the step width and lighting of the OEM thing.

That's my thought too. I'd love to wheel my LC but don't have the time and need to keep it a low-key stock daily driver for work purposes and kid hauling. I'd love more protection than the stock steps but need to keep a very functional step. The previous Slee step slider was my best option but I think this is even better for my purposes.

Anyone ever figure out a good alternative for the shipping for these? Slee is quoting me $400+ to ship $1200 sliders - kinda nuts

part of their shipping cost is handling and prep for shipping. Get the dimensions and weight and shop around for “door to terminal” rate (picks up at shipper and drops at terminal in ATL you go to the terminal and collect your shipment) you can try an online quote via YRC Freight

Or try mud-ship on the forum and see if anyone is headed from Denver to ATL that can bring them

Anyone ever figure out a good alternative for the shipping for these? Slee is quoting me $400+ to ship $1200 sliders - kinda nuts
Take a road trip to Colorado and pick them up on your way to explore Telluride? They come foamed into a gigantic crate, thats likely just what it costs to ship.

Last edited:
Also since no one has posted photos in here may as well post a couple. Purchased these in the spring and really like them, great build quality.

Slee 2.jpg
Slee Sliders.JPG

We decided to provide a new product on the 100 series market since we had people ask for a sliders simmilar to our 200 / LX570 slider.

The formed sliders are always a lighter duty slider but still fully functional as a slider. That said anytihng can be bent if you try hard enough. The regular rectangular tube and round outer rail is definately stronger, but also comes with a weight penalty. Not everyone needs them, but some do.

We would hate to call them overland sliders, but that is probably their market. The mounting system is the same between both styles of sliders.

Non AHC sliders have three legs per side. We looked at the AHC system to see if we could do a single slider that would cover both cases, but then you have to start with bolt on legs and that complicates things and results into higher cost.

We do have the regular sliders availalbe for AHC trucks and no immediate plans to produce an AHC version. Sales numbers for prevcious AHC version sliders did not warrante bringing another SKU on board.

I guess we will see how these are received and then go from there.
What is the clearance on these vs factory steps? What about vs slider steps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom