Slee Caster Correction via Trunion Bearing Races (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those must have just been listed, can't wait to hear about them as this is a whole new approach.

Agreed! Looks really cool. Mr Slee care to chime in?

That looks like a good idea. I wonder if anyone has used these yet. I am sure we will hear neg. feedback on here if there is any.

Only thing I don't like is that I just did my front axle and I don't want to pull it apart again!

Right. Same as a cut and turn. Kind of wondering if it's designed precisely enough to keep the axle shaft centered in the seal properly and the preload right. It's Slee, so probably is.

Seems like getting it rotated properly could be tough.

It says right on Slee's page that this kit is only good for 12 degree. Not much. John

This makes so much sense... The steering stem on my KTM 690 had two surfaces so you could switch between two different trail offsets.

Eager to hear some reviews...

Darin mentions bringing over a few sets from down under in his build thread.
Seems he has good impressions from setting up the 1* races to add camber for bigger meats.

Would be curios too hear thoughts on those that use them for castor. Looks like a good solution. Of course the million dollar question is does it pivot the axle or rotate it along its axis :lol: we need some fancy drawings with lines and circles for the castor guys to get another heated discussion going ;)

but regardless cool to see new products hitting the market for our vehicles, now somebody pony up and try them and report back.

I've found mention of these in a few other threads. Seems like the knock on them is that the bearing is smaller, though no mentions of failure. I did find one where it was confirmed that when the bushing is used only on the top, the axle shaft shifts a bit which causes the seal to wear harder on one side of the axle and not seal well. It seems like this wouldn't be an issue if offset bushings were used both on top and on bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom