Builds Skips FJ 35 BUILD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Purdy welds!
Ya they are, not mine had a friend come over and lay them down, he does it for a living. Mine are ok but his are perfect, I was doing the final grinding and fitting the thankless stuff, he kept me real busy great fun.

Spent a little more time on the rig this weekend and got the rears mostly installed still need to get the shocks set and a few other minor things done, starting to look like something.
D0D48FA9-DC76-4195-9DAE-58DB680062F2.jpeg
9AE75FA3-1AF7-40F3-8AD5-2B939E2B54A5.jpeg
B196615D-48BA-4658-B654-1511C1010FB9.jpeg
73C859E3-25C6-4A02-A594-B659E0F07102.jpeg
721AACD4-B90D-433E-82AF-CF23F5208A8F.jpeg

Picked up these 2018 Tacoma seats today. All leather and like brand new, happy boy. Now I can finish the roll cage with attaching the seat frames to it, inching away.

looking great. Awesome to see all yours hard detailed work come together. What can you tell me about the pop out windshield? That’s seriously awesome.

Last edited:
It is a very hard to find safari window. Factory to the Pakistani army, I was seriously looking for 3 years and was introduced to a fellow in Oregon one day and he said he would let it go wasn’t going to use it. I couldn’t get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

39892F11-5D2B-4661-982C-7326EF2D4F2C.jpeg
Catching up on some bits, final support plate on the A pillar for the cage. Drill some holes and dune deal one more to check off.

A little off the beaten path I have always wanted a Black Smith vice and found one at the right price. Needed some repair so Reproduce this part
838D979D-345B-4AEA-9804-FEAE261A9BAA.jpeg
5A114EBA-55B8-43EC-9E97-872661CCF9D7.jpeg
and now I am ready to start designing the base now that I have the vice pieces ready to put it together.

Here are the parts from the 60 steering column left 2 are out of the firewall to steering wheel and the far right is firewall to steering box, and I will be replacing that with a Borginson unite that collapses for safety. Keep picking away at it...

Why replace the toyota slip with a borgeson one? Not critiquing just wondering why?

I think it will look a bit cleaner and more finished, additionally I would have to add to the length of the 60 part. More welds more places to crack and fail.

I love this build. honestly I am jealous of your skills. I have a similar build going up in Eastern WA right now. I would love to compare notes. Great job

I love this build. honestly I am jealous of your skills. I have a similar build going up in Eastern WA right now. I would love to compare notes. Great
job
TNX Riddler, where a bout are you located when I get to the engine and paint it will go up to Athol Idaho for the
lipstick portion and final assembly of the build late next year.

47coeman I am 15 miles south of Spokane in Freeman, WA. I haven't been able to find the guy you said can do these Mercedes diesel conversions in Athol.

I was thinking of a LS1 due to not being able to locate a diesel Mercedes like you found. Feel free to PM me. thanks

Last edited:
47coeman I am 15 miles south of Spokane in Freeman, WA. I haven't been able to find the guy you said can do these Mercedes diesel conversions in Athol.

I was thinking of a LS1 due to not being able to locate a diesel Mercedes like you found. Feel free to PM me. thanks

you are about one hour from him, Athol is about 1/2 way between Sand point and Courdalane (sp) he is busy and about 6-13 mounts pitas I se it.
North West Diesel Offroad is his web site. 606 conversation are not cheap for a complete install and start about 25k and up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom