Skids and Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run the WKOR sliders and the GIS DIY skid plate with trans pan.
Both are hell-for-stout.

Can you post some photos of your t-case and trans skids?

I'm just looking at pictures online and shopping for a skid myself, of all the options listed here I think I like the GIS skid plate with trans pan the best, because it uses connecting brackets to the frame both on the back side of the t-case skid and on the front side of the trans skid to prevent excessive torque on the primary crossmember and its mounting bolts. Most of the other options have long unsupported overhangs (especially the trail tailor creeper). I haven't run any of the options myself so I can't speak to real-world performance.

I ordered the WKOR sliders today.

I need to stop buying stuff for this thing...

1683147251084.png

Can you post some photos of your t-case and trans skids?

I'm just looking at pictures online and shopping for a skid myself, of all the options listed here I think I like the GIS skid plate with trans pan the best, because it uses connecting brackets to the frame both on the back side of the t-case skid and on the front side of the trans skid to prevent excessive torque on the primary crossmember and its mounting bolts. Most of the other options have long unsupported overhangs (especially the trail tailor creeper). I haven't run any of the options myself so I can't speak to real-world performance.
Sorry it took so long, I took the pics, then got squirreled with life.
kfW1YKz.jpg

kkuAEgo.jpg

I like the Cruisin offroad skids the best out of anything I have seen. there full coverage don't hang down and you can remove them with out having to support the trans/transfer case ;)

It's to bad they went out of business !!
AJFCJaWn0gPWfTkZzv05SLospp173MQXlcceC2DxA3cqFhwXDBGWxM1O6z6tvt7H4ylp5czB42oU7OmD1cH3GkbF1msyaGWCSa_zCJ2w4h8vtT90CTmEwxZ2uh5J-WJhpThcMcVzUtlW18xRp_SIAFyl0lHOtuWPZ4bNv6Xn5c0gnoazkSjhL1Awnk9EwPkt0TrWMQey973DksGdDwC-W8JH3jqtpZPXMbdrUnrePyxNQrK4-PCwfynWzsoiAAYqfQmCl8kq_T4mTQX2Emx9x8tm2pCQX4xPwtaocqPHQqJM7xB8FVGJppbCNM2x45J4QY7UWlhyPrFR4tN5WtAaoCgtKvNgMGT1u3bRRWdIenEDzrgAqQnxgUqqZeezpuwLXXQunNBveAXD4w584Sxvzqo9KqXt-Z6Zz_x9o2IqAaNnG5gPiA_VxinRPsV4FzXvTEE7Q74s4Ct-cokkrGD0nY-TfIL8195l7TmbdPJsuv9MMb1WTSnZRQtvKeMCfjWXlcFP3rYfRgyQV1QhtY0az8DhSg3CdjozpkadyLQdHsk-Hp7i3r3AwENn-Gzbx09_Ds-_Rku7j7s790Jy1BrOQgD-LD-ecZuBGeFMmC30L1C8_VPceoCypekzYPjv-sI9JzE9WlvCH8vzHNiLwkGeHGRLV_p7M1FBCXuo8vA9noav7lqpvfiaFDzLSIGbSnJn7MFYcryziYY-g44eprW2rngGHNifVQ5Iovv0ZGTJSM1GECdVLBRPWIlSqqf5-OfiKwwxjWy7xAimUd4JjV2LtoSEJ-STUP4OaFhZgWY58FEdy4gYik-5oSXxLB3Hnb3t8E_RHTt0XpksbtuT3SbqXzMQ5kRuvwBCVtmbsFASlYfNWTQEwuAyNwsjqDDpW-NcwU4mdSYuS0tInqE5LNzfr5h0tsrEG70=w1252-h939-s-no

I like the Cruisin offroad skids the best out of anything I have seen. there full coverage don't hang down and you can remove them with out having to support the trans/transfer case ;)

It's to bad they went out of business !!
AJFCJaWn0gPWfTkZzv05SLospp173MQXlcceC2DxA3cqFhwXDBGWxM1O6z6tvt7H4ylp5czB42oU7OmD1cH3GkbF1msyaGWCSa_zCJ2w4h8vtT90CTmEwxZ2uh5J-WJhpThcMcVzUtlW18xRp_SIAFyl0lHOtuWPZ4bNv6Xn5c0gnoazkSjhL1Awnk9EwPkt0TrWMQey973DksGdDwC-W8JH3jqtpZPXMbdrUnrePyxNQrK4-PCwfynWzsoiAAYqfQmCl8kq_T4mTQX2Emx9x8tm2pCQX4xPwtaocqPHQqJM7xB8FVGJppbCNM2x45J4QY7UWlhyPrFR4tN5WtAaoCgtKvNgMGT1u3bRRWdIenEDzrgAqQnxgUqqZeezpuwLXXQunNBveAXD4w584Sxvzqo9KqXt-Z6Zz_x9o2IqAaNnG5gPiA_VxinRPsV4FzXvTEE7Q74s4Ct-cokkrGD0nY-TfIL8195l7TmbdPJsuv9MMb1WTSnZRQtvKeMCfjWXlcFP3rYfRgyQV1QhtY0az8DhSg3CdjozpkadyLQdHsk-Hp7i3r3AwENn-Gzbx09_Ds-_Rku7j7s790Jy1BrOQgD-LD-ecZuBGeFMmC30L1C8_VPceoCypekzYPjv-sI9JzE9WlvCH8vzHNiLwkGeHGRLV_p7M1FBCXuo8vA9noav7lqpvfiaFDzLSIGbSnJn7MFYcryziYY-g44eprW2rngGHNifVQ5Iovv0ZGTJSM1GECdVLBRPWIlSqqf5-OfiKwwxjWy7xAimUd4JjV2LtoSEJ-STUP4OaFhZgWY58FEdy4gYik-5oSXxLB3Hnb3t8E_RHTt0XpksbtuT3SbqXzMQ5kRuvwBCVtmbsFASlYfNWTQEwuAyNwsjqDDpW-NcwU4mdSYuS0tInqE5LNzfr5h0tsrEG70=w1252-h939-s-no

Jason is good people! A couple of years ago when he stopped shipping to the US I got in contact with him. Customers were asking if I'd make sliders and skids like his. I spoke with him and got his blessing.

I have these skids pretty much reverse engineered and the slider frame wraps dialed in as well.

Life and a busy schedule has prevented me from moving forward, but I am hopeful by summer these will be available for everyone again.

Jason

Jason is good people! A couple of years ago when he stopped shipping to the US I got in contact with him. Customers were asking if I'd make sliders and skids like his. I spoke with him and got his blessing.

I have these skids pretty much reverse engineered and the slider frame wraps dialed in as well.

Life and a busy schedule has prevented me from moving forward, but I am hopeful by summer these will be available for everyone again.

Jason
That's really good news.

I would ad that they can really take a beating !!

That's really good news.

I would ad that they can really take a beating !!

Yes, I'll be upgrading from A36 to 50 like I use on my Creeper Skid, but other than a couple other small tweaks, all the same.

I have seen his in action and have a good set for my mock ups. I have Andrea's 80 in the shop now working on a new rear bumper design and hope to get these finished up.

Jason

Those Cruisin Offroad belly pans look nice, but I'm trying to get my truck prepped for wheeling this summer and I don't want to wait for the Trail Tailor copy. I'm impressed with the GIS skid design and I just ordered one with the tranny skid add-on.

I read a little on this thread: 80 Series GIS Skid now available - HuddExpo - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/80-series-gis-skid-now-available-huddexpo.1131369/ and studied pictures to make sure all the mounts will work with my 4x4 labs sliders. Looks like they'll all fit.

I wish there were fewer hang-up points on it, like the t-case mount bolt gaurds, IMO those should have lead-in and lead-out ramps or the whole plate should be lower and flat for smooth sliding.

I'm stoked to get the GIS skids on my truck and get out in the rocks. I'm keeping it stock ride height on 265/75/16's so i figured beefy skids and sliders are a must 😆.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom