Skid plate diff drop vs. Suspension kit diff drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to get skid plates. Slee and Victory are my topic choices at the moment, but I'm concerned with the fact they required you to use their own diff drops.

My issue is that I already have a diff drop with my lift kit (Ironman stage 2). Ironman said their drop is an inch, while both Slee and Victory say theirs is closer to 3/4". So I'm worried I'll have to actually raise the differential.

Has anyone tried either Slee or Victory skid plates with a different diff drop?

On the other hand - does that 1/4" make a big difference (if I do just raise it)?

I'm sure there are plenty of people with both skid plates and lifts, so looking forward to hearing how this is usually handled.

Thanks

Shouldn’t make any difference 3/4 or 1” but keep in mind slees diff drop and their front skid have mounting holes matched up - that’s where bolting the back end of the skid to the bottom side of the diff drop- different brands may not line up and you’ll need to drill and tap some new holes

Shouldn’t make any difference 3/4 or 1” but keep in mind slees diff drop and their front skid have mounting holes matched up - that’s where bolting the back end of the skid to the bottom side of the diff drop- different brands may not line up and you’ll need to drill and tap some new holes
Gotcha. That doesn't sound too bad. If it's just a matter of a little more drilling, I might just keep the extra 1/4" (but point taken that it's not a huge deal). Victory's method already requires you to drill holes elsewhere. Idk why they would just say you need a couple more. (Probably just easier to say buy more from us!)

I didn't find the specs on the Ironman diff drop. Only saw this..... but it doesn't say anything about drop amount.

"Corrects front driveline angle reducing CV wear, ideally suited to lifts over 1 inch (25mm)"

In any case, I don't think it'll matter. Worse case scenario, the skid plate mounts near the inner tie rods our out of alignment and might need 1/4" of washer/spacer but I don't think that'll be the case.

I didn't find the specs on the Ironman diff drop. Only saw this..... but it doesn't say anything about drop amount.

"Corrects front driveline angle reducing CV wear, ideally suited to lifts over 1 inch (25mm)"

In any case, I don't think it'll matter. Worse case scenario, the skid plate mounts near the inner tie rods our out of alignment and might need 1/4" of washer/spacer but I don't think that'll be the case.
Yeah I had to email Ironman directly. They told me:
They seem so sell a kit very similar to ours, the information I have says our kit is a 1in drop.
But that line about the cv's is helpful.

I have a Bump It Off Road Skid and am about to install Slee Diff Drop, I can tell from the space that's there now, between the
base of the skid and the non-dropped crossmember that it was designed to fit a diff dropped vehicle. We'll see if the bolt holes
line up or not...hoping they will but not a huge deal to relocate the holes if they don't.

Ironman probably is going to have a Black Friday sale coming up, right? I just might be dumb enough to gamble on it for 1/4”. Compare it to my TT, for science.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom