Single DIN OEM radio install into FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
Dead radio, 1991 FJ80.

I believe a 92-97 Camry radio fits and plugs right in. Does the same apply to the same years and single-DIN Camry radios? Plug & Play?

Something like this:
s-l1600.jpg

As to the empty slot, is there some recommended empty tray insert that will work?

Last edited:
Bump. Wanted to see how easy/not this would be to put single din in place of the double?
I found the switch from double to single DIN to be surprisingly easy. Just unbolt the brackets that are attached to the factory head unit and save them for reinstallation of whatever you want to install.

I chose to fill the empty space with a HAM radio (had to fiddle with hardware store steel spacers on right side of the pictured Kenwood unit), but if you don't want to do something like this you can add a plastic storage cubby available cheap from stereo stores.

20190407_211950.jpg

Yessir, easy peasy. A stereo store can get you an adapter that lets you plug right into the factory wiring...I think it was in the $20 range.

I'm gonna go from Factory-Factory, just model differences. I assume someone could still source said adapter if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom