Stereo/radio over double din size?! Pics please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im building a stereo system and i havent selected my head unit yet. If you have a head unit in your 80 that is larger than the double din size, like the alpine 11” or kenwood, ect, please post pictures. Im trying to decide if those oversized displays would be a mess or not in the dash.. if you have one or know some one who does please direct them to post a few pictures.

Thanks dudes ;)

Examples, incase you havent seen these before..

Found the thread:

1693874717715.jpeg

I was eyeing a Pioneer NEX unit for a while and decided I'm going without audio for a while and spent $$ elsewhere. The thing I liked about it, is the head unit is detached from the screen and mount in the dash or console if you choose to. Not 100% sure if they still have these units. The screen can be adjusted on the mount as well.
1693946862005.png

Dudes, thanks for the videos. Thats enough of a visual for me to decide against the large screen, I think theyre just too clunky. I appreciate the input.

Also, i hate that volume knobs have been replaced by buttons..

Volume knobs rule! That said, i bought a Sony 8100 without a volume knob, but then i bought an rca knob that ill run in between the head unit and my dsp to adjust preout voltage.. im building a huge stereo system, so im knee deep into this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom