Show me your front bumper!!! (Seeking opinions of front bumper for '82 40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HFS here

84DC6F14-BCD9-431B-AEA5-53D579CF01AB.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you know that we didn’t just buy Engineer Pass and move it to Texas? :hmm:

Its only 800 feet above sea level now, who knows what happened to the other 12,000 feet.

How do you know that we didn’t just buy Engineer Pass and move it to Texas? :hmm:
I looked up Engineer Pass...... AFTER I made the wise-a$$ comment! 😉

There should be several pictures available of a modified stock with a 8274 fitted, maybe some members who have this set up can add some pictures and details regarding other mods needed to support the winch.

I have the original.. I have been debating this for a while, and think I am leaning toward HFS if I make the move..

View attachment 2384964
I have some of the original front bumper.
When I first got my 40 I was always barking my shin on it.
After a few years I had bent the ends and pulled them back out I finally cut them off.
I am looking at that slick on the ground.
Sure that's not a land rover with a toyota bezel?

I have some of the original front bumper.
When I first got my 40 I was always barking my shin on it.
After a few years I had bent the ends and pulled them back out I finally cut them off.
I am looking at that slick on the ground.
Sure that's not a land rover with a toyota bezel?

Maybe it’s just the angle of the pic, but your alignment looks toed out.

The day I took this I had just spent some good time power washing it after I purchased it and it had collected a good 20 years worth of grime.. Looks worse than it actually is, nice eye though!
This pic was right beige I purchased some new tires and took it in for a great alignment and balance. Thanks for the heads up

A work in progress... Another 6 hours (after this photo) was spent measuring, templating, measuring again, cutting, test fitting, drilling, fixing the drill press, drilling some more, test fitting some more, welding, grinding, welding, grinding, welding, test fitting... And finally painting.
It's not something I'm very good at, but an rewarding challenge.
IMG_20200725_150812.jpg

Tomorrow I should have the bolts to install the lights (Hella 90mm fog lights) and winch (warn 8274, which isn't new and could use a lot of work also, and needs a new cable at least).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom