Should I be worried...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw this on my newly rebuilt motor tonight. After putting on my glasses, I have to wonder if these are cheap counterfeit parts?
Castings are the timing belt cover and water pump. Dremel marks kinda give it away in my mind. It kind of looks to me like one of the marked out spaces said TOYOTA above the AISIN casting stamp.

Any insight?

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6056.JPG

Toyota oem is aisin.
I thought we talked about it being ground off, had to do with marketing issues or something.

Yeah i recall in a recent thread that it for licensing issues

NO, nothing to worry about!

AISIN is the OEM manufacturer for some Toyota parts. Many times they don't change the castings that include the Toyota name. When they sell the part aftermarket, they grind off the word Toyota. I have three AISIN bits on my 3RZ ... water pump, oil pump, and timing cover. The water pump and timing cover were AISIN aftermarket and had the word Toyota ground off. I thought I also bought an AISIN oil pump, but it has the Toyota label on it.

Oil pump.

Oil Pump-sm.jpg

Water pump.

Water Pump-sm.jpg

Timing cover.

Timing Cover-sm.jpg

AISIN is the OEM manufacturer for some Toyota parts. Many times they don't change the castings that include the Toyota name. When they sell the part aftermarket, they grind off the word Toyota. I have three AISIN bits on my 3RZ ... water pump, oil pump, and timing cover. The water pump and timing cover were AISIN aftermarket and had the word Toyota ground off. I thought I also bought an AISIN oil pump, but it has the Toyota label on it.

Oil pump.

View attachment 2994355

Water pump.

View attachment 2994356

Timing cover.

View attachment 2994357
I swear I learn something almost every time you post!

Definitely makes sense though.

Oil pump.

View attachment 2994355

Water pump.

View attachment 2994356

Timing cover.

View attachment 2994357
Whew- thanks for the clarification. I wondered after posting if that could be the csse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom