Shock Length Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, first thread though extensive lurker/reader...
I am about to pull the trigger on these shocks and need to get the right rear springs so I really need to know the dimensions of this shock???I have emailed ICON and they have not gotten back to me so if anyone has this info it would be really helpful.

I am getting the ICON remote reservior 2.5" shocks for UZJ100R. I think I need the extended travel figure...i have searched far and wide and could not find it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers, Josh

Last edited:
No one really knows. The only rig that actually has the icon 2.5 remote resi's is Carl at justdifferentials.com

I would give him a call.

Being in Australia it may be hard to call. I'm wondering the same, I can call JT tomorrow for the OP and ask. They might know, I think Dylan at Icon would be our best bet. There is a thread specifically for the Icons. You may want to search for it.

Hey Guys,

Yeah I have searched far and wide and can't seem to find it. I will be getting the shocks from Carl at justdifferentials he quoted me today. I did ask him but he didn't answer I might ask again though. I have emailed ICON to no avail but I might pm dyan to get the figures...Also Kennyao what options did you choose for valving or is there any???I am going to solve this myth so I can order some flexy coils!

Hey Guys,

Yeah I have searched far and wide and can't seem to find it. I will be getting the shocks from Carl at justdifferentials he quoted me today. I did ask him but he didn't answer I might ask again though. I have emailed ICON to no avail but I might pm dyan to get the figures...Also Kennyao what options did you choose for valving or is there any???I am going to solve this myth so I can order some flexy coils!

not sure there are any options, one of ICONs greatest strengths is off the shelf valving that is perfect for MOST people. i was blown away by the standard valving on the stage 6 FJ cruiser I rode in....

As for the shocks I ordered i kept the standard valving ICON provides. and also i know that you can order coils from Justdifferentials as well as shocks at the same time.

Shock Length Options List

It would be great to get all the available shocks length specs togather in one place!

Slee has theirs published as:
Front SOF1227: EXT: 18.0" COMP: 12.5" (STROKE: 5.5")
Rear SOF1230: EXT: 25.2" COMP: 15.2" (STROKE: 10.0")

More Specs stolen from: https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...entire-new-suspension-upgrade.html#post618692 and consolidated from posts below.

Bilstein:
Front BE5-2739: EXT: 16.08" COMP: 10.39" (STROKE: 5.69")
Rear BE5-2740: EXT: 21.71" COMP: 13.67" (STROKE: 8.04")

OME:
Front 60000: EXT: 17.44 COMP: 11.73" (STROKE: 5.71")
Front n100: EXT: 17.32 COMP: 11.42" (STROKE: 5.91")
Rear 60002: EXT: 24.10 COMP: 14.49" (STROKE: 9.61")
Rear 60071L EXT: 26.50" COMP: 15.24" (STROKE: 11.26")
Rear n101: EXT: 24.02 COMP: 14.17" (STROKE: 9.84")

KING:
Front: EXT: 18.64" COMP: 12.59" (STROKE: 6.05")
Rear: EXT: 25.11" COMP: 15.27" (STROKE: 9.84")

FOX:
Front 985-24-066: EXT: 17.55" COMP: 11.55" (STROKE: 6.00")
Rear 985-24-009: EXT: 26.15" COMP: 16.05" (STROKE: 10.10")
Rear 985-24-067: EXT: 22.95" COMP: 14.35" (STROKE: 8.60")

ICON:
Front 57607: EXT:17.8” COMP: 12.85” (STROKE: 4.95”) internal reservoir (IFP), use with stock upper arms.
Front 57807: EXT:18.18” COMP: 12.85” (STROKE: 5.33”) remote reservoir extended travel. MUST use aftermarket upper arm
Front 57807C: EXT:18.18” COMP: 12.85” (STROKE: 5.33”) as above W/CDC compression valve. MUST use aftermarket upper arm for shock clearance.

Rear 56510: EXT:25.67” COMP: 15.6” (STROKE: 10.07”) 2.0” internal reservoir (IFP)
Rear 57802: EXT:26.3” COMP: 15.97” (STROKE: 10.33") 2.5” remote reservoir, W/ bump zone
Rear 57802C: EXT:26.3” COMP: 15.97” (STROKE: 10.33”) 2.5” remote reservoir, W/CDC compression valve and bump zone.

Great List going here, be sure to also read posts: #17, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #34, #41.

Last edited:
Kings are 12.590 Compressed and 18.643 extended.

here's a little spreadsheet I put together a while back

shocks.jpg

oh that is for the fronts
rears are 15.270 Compressed and 25.111 extended
sorry I cant' edit my post for some reason

updated my first post with all your additions, thanks guys, now we just need the ICON numbers...

Does anyone have #'s for stock? My thoughts are that we could use this chart to also add a "max lift" column for each shock/brand.

I'm personally in a position where I love my OME 866's and Fox Shox 2.0 combo, but thinking of adding spacers (15mm in hand). I'm thinking I may push the Fox limits with that set-up.

Icon front shocks

Stock Travel - 57607 2.5" smooth body > adds 1/2" of down travel
Extended Travel - 57807/57807C 2.5" Remote Reservoir > adds 1.5" of down travel when used with an aftermarket UCA

Icon Rear Shocks

2.0 - 56510
2.5 Remote Reservoir - 57802/57802C

Icon front shocks Stock Travel - 57607 2.5" smooth body > adds 1/2" of down travel Extended Travel - 57807/57807C 2.5" Remote Reservoir > adds 1.5" of down travel when used with an aftermarket UCA Icon Rear Shocks 2.0 - 56510 2.5 Remote Reservoir - 57802/57802C
Are rear icon shocks best suited to 2in lifts?

I think your model number is wrong. Should be fox 985-24-009, not 285.

Good catch, corrected post.

Icon front shocks

Stock Travel - 57607 2.5" smooth body > adds 1/2" of down travel
Extended Travel - 57807/57807C 2.5" Remote Reservoir > adds 1.5" of down travel when used with an aftermarket UCA

Icon Rear Shocks

2.0 - 56510
2.5 Remote Reservoir - 57802/57802C

LT, thanks for chiming in. Do you have the actual shock length and travel numbers for comparison? The actual data would be helpful for figuring out the need for limit straps or extended bump stops, especially for those who have already added bump stop to accommodate 35" tires.

Thanks,

Good catch, corrected post.

LT, thanks for chiming in. Do you have the actual shock length and travel numbers for comparison? The actual data would be helpful for figuring out the need for limit straps or extended bump stops, especially for those who have already added bump stop to accommodate 35" tires.

Thanks,

I would have to get the shock travel numbers from Icon. In regards to a limit strap they are not needed your shock is already the limit strap whether in stock configuration or aftermarket.

Icon shocks for 100 series

I'm not sure why there are so many threads with people looking for lengths. Is it because they are trying to design a setup that the think might work? We've already done this and it has taken countless hours to perfect. This is one reason why nobody wants to give out numbers so easily.

Icon extended shocks 19" ext (Designed with Icon to fit OUR UCA, not sure if it works with others)

Rear are 26" ext, I run them with the icon billet lower rear arms and OME 2866 coils

http://www.justdifferentials.com/JTOTLC100-SUPDLX-D-p/jtotlc100-supdlx.htm

All parts available seperately as well.

Thanks Carl,
So many combinations out there it's nice to have real data to compare. Some run diff drops, some don't, some have body lift with 35's and can run full stuff out back, others have extended bumps and no body lift out back, etc, etc. The 100 series crowd is picky if nothing else, me especially (that's why I came to you to set up my front diff). Some have been burned on expensive shock buys in the past and don't want to repeat a bad experience.

I'm a big fan of the ICON long travels but have known some Tacoma guys who started breaking CV's with the set-up I run due to worn out suspension mounts and the set-up pushing the CV's right to the edge, that's why I mention straps. I don't expect straps would be necessary on a 100 unless someone is doing a lot of jumps or whoops. But I still wanted to know how far we are dropping the front CV/LCA.

While I think the most costly shocks on the market for the 100 are probably worth it, I also feel like full disclosure of length and travel is not too much to ask.

Thanks,

Shock length

That is understandable for some like yourself that are pretty technical, and have the desire to figure things out on there own. The problem I've run into is that there are many people that just want to go with a setup that works and is proven, yet are led to believe that they need to figure everything out themselves. Then after receiving a mix of good and bad answers from various forum members, they are left mind boggled. That's why we offer the kits.

Thanks Carl,
So many combinations out there it's nice to have real data to compare. Some run diff drops, some don't, some have body lift with 35's and can run full stuff out back, others have extended bumps and no body lift out back, etc, etc. The 100 series crowd is picky if nothing else, me especially (that's why I came to you to set up my front diff). Some have been burned on expensive shock buys in the past and don't want to repeat a bad experience.

I'm a big fan of the ICON long travels but have known some Tacoma guys who started breaking CV's with the set-up I run due to worn out suspension mounts and the set-up pushing the CV's right to the edge, that's why I mention straps. I don't expect straps would be necessary on a 100 unless someone is doing a lot of jumps or whoops. But I still wanted to know how far we are dropping the front CV/LCA.

While I think the most costly shocks on the market for the 100 are probably worth it, I also feel like full disclosure of length and travel is not too much to ask.

Thanks,

I was thinking about going with the icon smooth body, spc uca's, 2.5 lift. Just assuming at this point they are compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom