Builds Shipwreck (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the one thing that sort of bugged me about the plasma table was the tiny use of the cutting surface.... they fixed that....
g9Zl7UKh.jpg

Have you made any cuts yet on the table?

Today was spent re-leveling the X axis, but yes, I've cut out a couple tabs (practice cuts).... the big issue, at the moment, is the plasma requires another signal to turn off - meaning, when you pull the trigger and hold it for a few seconds, it then stays on. To turn it off means sending another trigger signal.... and outside of manually, I haven't found the setting to do that - and yeah, I'm sure everyone and their brother knows the solution but I haven't found it yet....
and a new issue, the cut area is now larger than the water pan - don't know how (or even if) I'm going to solve that issue .... the big issue is it makes kind of a mess ..... but then again, the last 1 1/2 inches - I don't see using it enough to warrant a full-scale solution (new pan).

Not a rant - simply wondering if anyone else is dealing with this.

I have a Miller Elite helmet I bought early 2014. It has worked as expected since new, but recently the dimming function seems to be possessed. My first thought was battery, and I replaced it, that helped but it still either doesn't dim or dims then doesn't come back to see-through. Replaced the battery again, replaced the protective lens, dusted (gently) the lens and sensors... no joy. Anyone else dealing with this? I've reached out to Miller but probably won't hear back for at least a couple days.... are sensors a wear item? I would hope that replacing $400 helmets every 5 years is not the answer.... of course, if it is.... what do you like? this helmet is starting to wear on the pivots so I won't be terribly upset to give it a full update (I like that it doesn't fog easily).

Miller's answer - I'll try this tonight, surprised no "dancing with virgin witches at mid-night during a full moon"

Are you using Panasonic batteries?

If the lens is a digital elite put brand new Panasonic batteries in the lens

Turn the lens on

Turn sensitivity to zero

Remove the batteries while the lens is on

Press and hold the on/off button for 10 seconds.

Put batteries back in the lens.

Time to start making this winter ready... first, exhaust leaks - thanks to WA state's salting the pass, these mufflers did not last long
e9N5H8th.jpg

P5HgkSph.jpg

so some stainless turbos
UtdN2jwh.jpg

WsHzbxIh.jpg

rODeL3Vh.jpg

also keeping these in place - needs positive connection, so screws it is
3a5Xz9Uh.jpg

fxHNWoch.jpg

and fix the fender
1dTJOmnh.jpg

now to brace it better
4VjYrpRh.jpg

I'm going to change the dash and the EFI as well, I'm done with old-skool TBI

I like the FItech that's on my Corvette - that said, it hasn't been started yet ...
I've run Holley dominator so I've had some experience with their systems
I'll never darken EZ-EFI's doorstep again - even though their system would work fine for it; their cusstomer service is abysmal
I still have the parts to assemble a MegaSquirt
MSD has been reliable....

and then

FItech costs $800
Holley $1100
MSD $1000

The other issue is timing control - whether or not I want it - on a 4x4, I may go back to MSD/HEI and dump the problem-laden TBI distributor.... I have a brand new HEI (maybe even 2)... but that's still something I need to decide. That said, I'm going to the Reno Air Races this week so this isn't something that I need to decide (though I may stop at Summit while I'm in Reno).

I think I prefer the timing control myself. That with the knock detector are worth it in my opinion.

I like the FItech that's on my Corvette - that said, it hasn't been started yet ...
I've run Holley dominator so I've had some experience with their systems
I'll never darken EZ-EFI's doorstep again - even though their system would work fine for it; their cusstomer service is abysmal
I still have the parts to assemble a MegaSquirt
MSD has been reliable....

and then

FItech costs $800
Holley $1100
MSD $1000

The other issue is timing control - whether or not I want it - on a 4x4, I may go back to MSD/HEI and dump the problem-laden TBI distributor.... I have a brand new HEI (maybe even 2)... but that's still something I need to decide. That said, I'm going to the Reno Air Races this week so this isn't something that I need to decide (though I may stop at Summit while I'm in Reno).

at this power level? dial back a degree on the static timing and call it a day.... my motor MIGHT make 300 hp, more likely it's 200 - which is sufficient and allows swill gas. Anti-knock device - they are easy to fool, have a slightly noisy valve train or a touch of timing chain slap and it goes into emergency mode....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom