Builds Shipwreck

was a good day.

bulldozed a path (and illustrated why it's called shipwreck - yes, put it on the rocks and the rocks lost)
no rocks at the bottom there... there is a reason :rofl:

aired up and went home.... also found a new (to us) exit at Walker

I really love my trollhole top.... rolled up the sides (it was chilly in the morning) in the afternoon

it does clean up nice after some wheeling

I went out wheeling with my standard crew

after pushing a few rocks out of the way, the little guys got through

all was not happy, the caliper started leaking

ever have that voice in your head that says "check it" but you don't? yeah, left caliper... that's the right side..

most annoyed that I didn't check it....

so I went out and bought stainless for the water pan for my Langmuir table

I really need to bolt my jump shear down... because I need to jump harder on it ....

like anything else, the solution requires multiple steps. I will cut it with my plasma, but I need to finish the air cleaner... once that is done, then I need to use my new-to-arrive-plasma to hollow out a spot on the brake so I can put those house jacks in place.... then I can form the pans....

to be continued

after 3 trips to the auto parts store.... success... what a pain...

and I couldn't find my anti-squeal paste anywhere, so this may come apart again, but only if it squeals like a short bus....

It's definitely nice to have working brakes. I wonder if the leaky caliper was involved in your left swerving when hitting the brakes... Seems like it would be.

It's definitely nice to have working brakes. I wonder if the leaky caliper was involved in your left swerving when hitting the brakes... Seems like it would be.
Pretty sure it was, the pad was absolutely loaded with oily fluid.... of course, cheap me blew out the pad with 2 cans of brake cleaner, in retrospect, it was probably a good idea... if it took 3x to get a correct GM truck caliper; finding pads would be my continuing saga.

you coming to NWOR this year?

Considering that’s my on-call weekend probably not unless the schedule changes.

Pretty sure it was, the pad was absolutely loaded with oily fluid.... of course, cheap me blew out the pad with 2 cans of brake cleaner, in retrospect, it was probably a good idea... if it took 3x to get a correct GM truck caliper; finding pads would be my continuing saga.

you coming to NWOR this year?

Hey SBG, your ride looks great and I like the stance. What is your WMS, rim width, backspacing, and tire size? Im thinking of going with a 63" WMS axles, 10" wide rims with 4" backspacing, and 37x12.50 tires. Per my calcs, this would be 69" out to out with tires.

Thanks,

last bit...

and it works

and now to learn software, but this is it for the detour...
Hey SBG, your ride looks great and I like the stance. What is your WMS, rim width, backspacing, and tire size? Im thinking of going with a 63" WMS axles, 10" wide rims with 4" backspacing, and 37x12.50 tires. Per my calcs, this would be 69" out to out with tires.

Thanks,
I don't remember, I'm narrower than the 80" width that Evan's Creek OHV park demands but just barely.... IIRC it's somewhere around 59" WMS.... wheels are 12" with 4 1/2 backspace tire size is 38x15 wide

they fit, just need to finish the body work and paint them... oh and find the hinges and latch stuff since I put it safely away....
as for your next question, those half doors are parts of 4 doors and two bottom-edge-repair kits.... inside they are mostly early door stampings.

Top Bottom