Shaky 80 with OME 2.3" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ktmracer01

SILVER Star
Threads
Okay....so i originally wanted to figure out why my Cruiser was a Shaky 80. You can see this in a previous thread that I started a couple months ago. After a series of PM the shake was still persistent and I couldn't make it go away. It had a set of cheapo tires on it, and pretty much concluded that it was shaking due to tire separation. I was wrong...:confused: I went out and purchased new tires and wheels, and in doing so, I was quoted a good deal on an OME lift with shocks. So i went for it thinking that the tires would eliminate the shaking and I'd reward myself with the lift too.

well I still have the shake, but here's a pic of the lift.
Dixie II.jpg

here's a before pic.

I'm going to this same location in a few weeks to compare before and after shots.
Dixie II orig.jpg

Sorry I can't help with your shake. But I was just curious as what size tire you got on your rig.

Thanks

I'm sure the experts will chime in (and maybe already have on your other thread) but if you have eliminatd the issues with the tires/wheels, shocks, and springs, it seems the next item would be to look over the entire steering system. In particular, the control arms, tie rod, drak link, and all the ends, along with the dampner (was the steering dampner replaced as part of the lift kit?).

Good luck.

Not being familiar with your first post on this, but did you have the castor correction bushings installed with the lift?

Have you checked that the wheel bearings are tight. Especially if they were recently serviced.

the tires are: 315/75R17 Pro Comp X-MudTerrains

all of the steering components have been serviced.
-tie tod ends (all of them) (Toyota OEM)
-steering stabilizer (Rancho, bought from Toyota)
-tire rotation, mounting and balance. x3
-new tires and wheels.
-front wheel bearings (Toyota OEM)
-I've inspected trunion bearings and they have zero slop. also checked to make sure the bolts were tight.
-I inspected the pan hard bushings and mounts

this might sound stupid but I bought new front rotors because the ones that are on it right now are warped horribly. I'm thinking this might be an issue with the amount of play i get in the pedal and with the calipers being fixed to the axle.
am I wrong in suspecting this?
otherwise I'm just going to rebuild the whole front end and make sure all the shims are correct, seals replaced, and also make sure the birfs are together properly.

no i did not install the CC bushings. i've lifted 2 FJ80's and one FZJ 80 without them and I've gotten some tracking down the road but nothing real bad. I've never gotten this type of shake from any of them.

hahaha..funny guy...hahaha :beer: i guess i'll clarify next time. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom