OME vs Ironman lift kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For my understanding when people say Dobinsons which shocks do they usually mean? The entry yellow tube?

I have an Ironman 4” lift. I think the coil / shock combo rides nice, so no complaints on the road.

For off road use, I think the unsprung coil length is a bit short. I’m managed to unseat both the front and rear when rock crawling. I even ejected a rear coil on the Rubicon once.

I’ve since strapped them in place, but am considering a coil with a little more unsprung length like the Dobinsons flexi coils.

For my understanding when people say Dobinsons which shocks do they usually mean? The entry yellow tube?
Typically. Anyone that's opted or moved up later to the IMS or MRR shocks, as I'm in the process of getting funds to do, will specify usually.

My first suspension was the 2” Iron Man, at the time it was less than $500 shipped in a Black Friday deal. It was way better than the original worn out original suspension. I used Landtank’s 2.5” plates and life was good. Finding some lightly used Dob’s 2.5” VT coils and mating them with IMS shocks was another significant step forward.

Part of the problem in selecting a “first” suspension is not knowing where you are going with your rig, if you can set that intention up front it will save you in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom