Shakey mirror fix with a bracket and bottom post fix (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the fix if my bottom tab is broken like this?

thumbnail_IMG_2911.jpeg

Ordered easily. Shipped and received quickly. Installed a couple of nights ago while waiting for my son to finish after school program.
Easy install after watching outsane’s video.
I can’t remember not having shaky mirrors!!
Working great!!

Got the ignition replacement ring as well. Installed with a snap. Looks better than the busted up ring.

Thank you!!

It works again!

Thanks Outsane, much appreciated.

I just installed drivers side fix on my LX. Easy fix. Little fiddly getting the bottom screw lined up. Solved shake. Good show!

After years of zip ties I finally ordered these for both sides. Annoyed I didn’t order sooner but can’t stop smiling as I drive shake free.

p.s. wanted to leave a review on etsy but couldn’t find an option to do so.

Count me in the zip tie to @Outsane bracket converted, this fix feels like it will last. Got your USB switch inserts and cup holders too, awesome products!

I would like to throw in my 2 cents. First off, excellent fix! 2nd, every 10 minute fix is one bad move away from a daylong PITA. Passenger side mirror was problematic when it came to getting the center post to slide in to the "pocket". I did read in this, one comment about cleaning the area where the center post fits.

I will wholeheartedly add, definitely clean it, the dirty parts the mirror bracket and the cradle it fits into. I did this and the passenger side mirror went back in, finally.

On the drivers side, followed the instructions, CLEANED all of the dirt, dust, and grime from the "pocket" the post slides into, the mirror bracket, and the cradle it fits into. The driver's side mirror went back together very easily. Drivers side was a 10 minute job due to cleaning before reassembly. Now for the test drive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom