Events/Trails September Monthly Meeting 9-16-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brices123

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Come one come all!

There will be a meeting this month.

Tempe Sonic / QuikTrip 1116 East Broadway Tempe, AZ 85252

Start time 7:30PM

@medtro can we move this out of Stickies and into the main board? Might get more visibility there. Thanks, And see everybody on Friday night,

I'll try to swing by!

I'm going to be in Mexico but @Highway Romping agreed to record the meeting so I can transcribe notes later. Thanks Chris!

Sorry I didn’t make it. Got sidetracked with the house. Really wanted to share this information from our brethren in Moab. There is a BLM proposal to close a lot of trails in Moab and it’s open for comment until October 7th. It’s really important that everyone who care about keeping trails open, goes to the website and suggests options A or D. Read here for more information: Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc. - - https://www.rr4w.com/index.cfm

Last edited:
Here's something to tide you over until meeting minutes can be posted. This rolled up mid-meeting. It's not 4×4. I asked.
43725.jpeg

Thanks to everyone that made it last Friday. Was a good meeting, and great catching up with everyone including a few new members!

Watch for a new thread to be started on HAM licensing once I get my ducks in a row. Take care,

Here's something to tide you over until meeting minutes can be posted. This rolled up mid-meeting. It's not 4×4. I asked.
View attachment 3118320
Thanks to everyone that made it last Friday. Was a good meeting, and great catching up with everyone including a few new members!

Watch for a new thread to be started on HAM licensing once I get my ducks in a row. Take care,

Sorry i missed you, ended up racing rc cars and not getting out in time.

Interested in bumping up to the next ham level, i’ll watch for the thread 👌

@LongDuck - In your new thread you might mention that new hams can get a free hand held radio from the QRZ Jumpstart program. You'll have to get the new Hams licensed soon though, as it ends Halloween.

Announcing the QRZ New Ham Jumpstart Program​

The program, which is jointly sponsored by QRZ and GigaParts, will provide a
FREE, New Ham Welcome Package to eligible applicants. Among the goodies in the first edition of the
Welcome Package, we are including a brand-new dual-band handheld transceiver, the Explorer QRZ-1,
along with a host of other sponsor-supplied goodies.

Copper State Cruisers Monthly Phoenix Meeting Minutes
September 16, 2022 @ 7:30PM

THANKS @Highway Romping for taking notes and recording since I was unable to attend! I've gotta say listening to this recording had me chuckling, sounds like I missed a good meeting! Yabba dabba do!

New Members

• Patrick (and Kayleigh) @Kavyp41 just joined, he owns a 2002 LX470. Not too many mods yet, wheels, tires, audio system upgrade.
  • Edmond & father Todd @truedge have an FJ80 1991. It's bone stock except for air locker at this point. Not running yet! They want to get this truck running and do a lot of modifications in the future!
  • Israel @izzybreh showed up late and couldn't stick around but we were glad to meet him! He owns a 1992 FJ80 which he bought in December of this year, he's trying to get it back to its former glory. Will probably rebuild the front axle soon.

ROTM
Hopefully people will post up more runs in October & November because they are really great months to go out!

Annual Holiday Party

This will probably be held on December 3rd or 10th at @brices123 house, depending on what date works for the group. See the thread to provide input: 2022 Holiday Party - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2022-holiday-party.1294250/#post-14621052

Mt. Ord Cleanup

Years ago pre-Covid we "adopted" the back route to Mt. Ord but the trail has been so badly washed out it's impassible. We are not sure if this trail will be permanently closed soon or not? It's really too much maintenance for CSC to be responsible for at this point. We need to find a different local trail to adopt and maintain and will work to coordinate with TRAL on that item.

CSC Grill

The CSC group grill has been handed off from @Dimples to @Cruddz, thanks Ron for housing it for so long!

HAM Radio Licensing

The club strongly advocates that everyone who goes on runs with us work to obtain official HAM licensing so we can use it as trail comms. @LongDuck has a lot of study recourses and advice for going through this process, and it's surprisingly easy! Reach out to him for advice and keep an eye out on the forum for threads on group licensing efforts. Between now and the end of 2022 CSC will reimburse any MEMBER for the cost of the HAM licensing test!

Inventory & FInance

T-shirts
- we are going to order a new round of Steel Blue and also Black colored CSC T-Shirts because we are almost out of inventory at this point.

Accounting - CSC coffers currently have $5,830 in the bank. Tax return for 2021 has been submitted (we are an official non-profit).

[*]Israel @izzybreh showed up late and couldn't stick around but we were glad to meet him! He owns a 1992 FJ80 which he bought in December of this year,

Need to find out if his time machine goes into the past as well as the future. Besides availability sure many would like to pick up parts prices for the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom