Events/Trails 'Halloween' Campout: Nov 5-6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebodyelse5

16124-75030
SILVER Star
Threads
1660610605561.png

Anyone interested in a casual 'Halloween' Campout, first weekend of November (batman costume not required)? Should be some nice weather by then.

When: Nov 5-6th, 2022
Where: - Location Redacted -

I know a great remote spot in the Sierra Anchas that overlooks Roosevelt and has plenty of space for as many folks want to come. Do some cooking, do some drinking, play some stump and corn hole.

Will post the coords closer to the event, trail in is short (.25 mile) but last time I needed 4x4 on my 100. No armor or lockers needed!

I'll have my radio on monitoring simplex for the event. There will be intermittent, 3G cell signal based on my last trip out there.
HAM Radio Freq: 146.460 MHz

Teaser of the spot:
1660610823774.png

@Cruiserhiggs @ncavi10 @Roosevelt T @CruiseLanderAZ @TheGrrrrr @knewstance @JunkCrzr89

Last edited:
I’m a strong maybe🤷‍♂️😂

I know that spot, one of my favorites. We got a 2wd Tacoma with a rear locker out there no problem. I might be up for this, I’ll have to see how my vacation bank looks after my Moab trip.

There is an awesome trail about 10 mins from that campsite that the TRAL guys keep open. last November it was too much for my buddies 5th gen 4runner on 32’s even with a rear locker, but lots of fun in an 80.

I’m a strong probably. Might even get some folks to join. I know that spot. Pinstripes are free with entry, but the views are worth it.

I am interested.

If I'm in town, ill be there! Thanks for setting it up @Somebodyelse5
I am looking forward to spouting off my anti-torsion bar rhetoric over some tasty hazy IPA's :) @ncavi10 is going to come depending on his work schedule.

I'll probably bring my rc cars too.

Oh damn, what do you know... I just this second found out I have plans that weekend. Shucks...
But i will bring your favorite beer! And will admit an LS swap makes more sense than a 6BT swap….

View attachment 3087797

Anyone interested in a casual 'Halloween' Campout, first weekend of November (batman costume not required)? Should be some nice weather by then.

When: Nov 5-6th, 2022
Where: Coods will be posted later (Sierra Anchas, North of Roosevelt Lake)

I know a great remote spot in the Sierra Anchas that overlooks Roosevelt and has plenty of space for as many folks want to come. Do some cooking, do some drinking, play some stump and corn hole.

Will post the coords closer to the event, trail in is short (.25 mile) but last time I needed 4x4 on my 100. No armor or lockers needed!

I'll have my radio on monitoring simplex for the event. There will be intermittent, 3G cell signal based on my last trip out there.
HAM Radio Freq: 146.460 MHz

Teaser of the spot:
View attachment 3087800

@Cruiserhiggs @ncavi10 @Roosevelt T @CruiseLanderAZ @TheGrrrrr @knewstance @JunkCrzr89
Do I get to share a tent with you?

I still plan on going. Im have to pull my tranny and figure out where its leaking from and hope its nothing major. I should be done by the time this event rolls around.
@UsedLuxury is a tranny expert, i’m sure he could help too 🤔

@UsedLuxury is a tranny expert, i’m sure he could help too 🤔
When i park facing down hill i will have a oil spot on my driveway. Level or uphill no spot. I think its the shaft seal on the tranny becuase it has a faint smell of gear oil but there it black oil there also so possibly a rear main. Wont know until i pull it. @UsedLuxury any tips i am all ears.

Its a ‘90 pickup with a 5 spd.

When i park facing down hill i will have a oil spot on my driveway. Level or uphill no spot. I think its the shaft seal on the tranny becuase it has a faint smell of gear oil but there it black oil there also so possibly a rear main. Wont know until i pull it. @UsedLuxury any tips i am all ears.

I think it’s Unlikely to be rear main if it’s primarily only leaking when facing downhill. More likely to be the input shaft seal on the front of the trans. The 5 spd is pretty easy to pull on those trucks. I’m dropping one this weekend on an ‘89 pickup to repair a similar (but worse) leak…

It's t-case gear oil leaking from the front prop shaft. I don't know much about transmissions though...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom