Sept 23, 2017 ROTM to Sheeps Bridge - Baywatch Edition (Beach day) (1 Viewer)

RSVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yjeff

AZ to Alaska to Argentina in Land Cruisers '12-'16
Threads
Website
www.overlandtheworld.com
When: Saturday Sept 23, 2017 8:45 AM
Where: Backway to Sheeps Bridge
Meeting Point: Senor Taco/Walmart Parking/ Starbucks near Scottsdale Airpark: Directions 15223 N 87th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Route: N from Scottsdale Airpark to Cave Creek Rd, East to Service road 205, N off Bartlett Dam Road towards Horseshoe Dam, Cross Verde South of Dam, Continue on East side of N Horseshoe Lake Rd until trail leads to Sheeps Bridge. We will hang out on the beach for awhile, BBQ, etc. I will return the same way
optional: others may continue towards Seven Springs Rd or toward I-17 if they want a different route home or want to camp for the night. Monica & I will be ready to camp for the night, but may not stay depending on how hot it is.

SheepsBridge.PNG

Bring Food, Water, Shade/Awnings, Beach Attire

FAQ:
Trail Difficulty - Easy to Med, depending on Verde crossings
Tonto Pass Needed - No
State Trust Permit Needed - ?

Forest Service Info: Tonto National Forest - Sheeps Bridge
Below Horseshoe Lake Water Release: Daily Water Reports
Above Horseshoe Lake Water Release: Should not affect us, but here it is

Previous CSC trips to Sheeps Bridge:
CSC - Family Day at the Beach - Sunday 9.23.2012
Day at the beach - June 9th
March ROTM

Other:
Cave Creek to Sheep Bridge | Trails Offroad

Last edited:
At this point, I am in. Will be flying solo. May need to install my snorkel before this run.

I too am in for this run - prolly solo unless other families can join and temps. Thanks for putting this on @yjeff

Waiting to see if my girls have softball that sat. Or I'll be flying solo sunday

I'm in depending on temps. My brother and buddy from Cali might be out this weekend too and if temps are decent, we'll have a Taco and 4Runner too.

I'm in with at least my little girl, depending on temps.

I'm in!

Dave & I are in.
Haven't been on East side of Sheeps Bridge before.

Here is what not to do on Sheeps bridge.

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

Also I am a tentative as I close on a house the 22nd of September and I'm pretty excited to move away from roommates! So I may spend the day moving!

Ouch! Did he get stuck?

No, No, No, No, No!!

@Chrismanjs what is the story on the white 100?

Congrats on the new house.

Thanks steve! Saw the pictures on Facebook today on Arizona 4x4 page. The guy got stuck yesterday recovery was today. He took the wrong line and died in the middle stuck there overnight. That's about all I know

I think I saw images of a similar vehicle drifting downstream at Sheepsbridge... basically got into water deep enough he floated. 35" tires are great most of the time, but sometimes a propeller is needed.

I was down at Sierra Expeditions visiting Will and picking up some Stratchits at lunch. He mentioned a guy with a White 100 that had some water damage, we mentioned the pics @Chrismanjs posted here and that's the same gentleman. Seems the truck was following another truck with 37"s and fell off the line getting stuck in the process. He was prepping the winch when the truck stopped idling. Will says he's looking at a full engine tear down and investigation now. Not good. Very small world. I think a snorkel would necessitate an exhaust redirect too. That idling pressure works until the water creates enough back pressure to stall the motor out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom