Sept 23, 2017 ROTM to Sheeps Bridge - Baywatch Edition (Beach day) (2 Viewers)

RSVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys i drive a 4in lifted 4x4 jeep Cherokee id like to hit the trials with you but dont want to end up like the white suv do you guys feel like ill be fine or should i try for the time?

Hey guys i drive a 4in lifted 4x4 jeep Cherokee id like to hit the trials with you but dont want to end up like the white suv do you guys feel like ill be fine or should i try for the time?

You'll be fine, in fact you can drive that Jeep out first, as they are superior to our 80 series. :steer::flipoff2:

Welcome to to Mud and CSC.

Okay man ill plan to be out there will bring my pops along hes hasnt been offroading in a very long time and plan on surprising him so ill meet you guys just let me know where the meetup is! :)

If you have anything that makes shade you should bring it, easy up, awning or the like. People will gladly share, but the more the better. The trip is mostly a dirt road drive with a couple water crossings and then a lot of sitting, relaxing, bsing and eating. Hopefully I will make it and have a chance to meet you.

I was out at Sheep's last weekend 9/2. 1st crossing coming in from back way through Horseshoe lake wasn't bad at all. I think any 4x4 lifted or not could make it no problem as long as they kept momentum. The 2nd crossing which is normally there, was completely non-existent. No water whatsoever flowing. 1st time I have ever seen that. 3rd crossing, which is the last one right at the beach and under the bridge was pretty deep on the north shore... At it's worst, it was probably 4-4.5' deep. I wouldn't recommend crossing unless you had 37's. 4"-6" lift and a good snorkel you were 100% positive was sealed properly. We were out there for the day and no one crossed the last crossing. Everyone just stayed parked on the south beach and hung out for the day.

I was down at Sierra Expeditions visiting Will and picking up some Stratchits at lunch. He mentioned a guy with a White 100 that had some water damage, we mentioned the pics @Chrismanjs posted here and that's the same gentleman. Seems the truck was following another truck with 37"s and fell off the line getting stuck in the process. He was prepping the winch when the truck stopped idling. Will says he's looking at a full engine tear down and investigation now. Not good. Very small world. I think a snorkel would necessitate an exhaust redirect too. That idling pressure works until the water creates enough back pressure to stall the motor out.

Have never figured out why a FJ62 has a hand throttle but in this case a hand throttle would have come in handy.

Here are a few of my pictures from the pre run! Great day and well worth the trip! You can see how deep the crossing is with @Abigail truck. It's not to bad and the water is not to fast.

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1843.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

Plan on going on this run

Did @Cruddz actually bring his own chair? Any fishing?

Looks like the weather this weekend is going to be OUTSTANDING!! Mid 80's on Saturday!

Another failed Sheeps bridge crossing. This is where the crossing 'was' years ago and since moved from his attempt. The CTD Dodge was big and built running 40's, coilovers, and featured in several mags. Now featured in Aquarium life.

Another failed Sheeps bridge crossing. This is where the crossing 'was' years ago and since moved from his attempt. The CTD Dodge was big and built running 40's, coilovers, and featured in several mags. Now featured in Aquarium life.

I can appreciate the cameraperson's technique. Hard to tell, but it looked like the swamped 100 series also tried it there instead of the more recent crossing area.

I can appreciate the cameraperson's technique. Hard to tell, but it looked like the swamped 100 series also tried it there instead of the more recent crossing area.

The cameraboy was 15 at the time and glad to be there.:)
Having crossed many times I find the line changes slightly frequently and a quick trip to the bridge will determine your best route. When not listening to my own advice I end up with water on the windshield.:eek:

Last edited:
The cameraboy was 15 at the time and glad to be there.:)
Having crossed many times I find the line changes slightly frequently and a quick trip to the bridge will determine your best route. When not listening to my own advice I end up with water on the windshield.:eek:
Ha, I bet he was.

Yah, I've crossed it many times on the sand bar that used to zig and zag headed north-ish under the bridge. It seems like all of these recent folks are trying to cross due west-ish just down stream of the bridge. That has always been a deep spot when I've looked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom