Sept 23, 2017 ROTM to Sheeps Bridge - Baywatch Edition (Beach day) (1 Viewer)

RSVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a really great time on this one, despite some of the more "interesting" folks that rolled through from time to time, even got to see some legit fireworks that basically scared the :censor: out of everyone... (thought the neighbor had decided to unleash the arsenal.)

Temps were beautiful and almost was too cool to get in the water. Learned/failed at some new fishing techniques, saw a few heep people get stuck in the water (did you know they call us "yoyos"?), had a glorious hammock nap, met some new people and had some great conversations. Thanks all for coming out and @yjeff for organizing!

qoxQX2c.jpg

Horseshoe lake on the drive in
X8Sgnqi.jpg

@brices123 doing a little fly fishing. Only successful fisherman this weekend was @Garrissey, though @Cruddz did get one on the line
mTnBl1e.jpg

@yjeff and his new career choice: panning for gold
6yVHm8r.jpg

Basically all my pics are of Jeff because nobody else got in the water
s3Cc1tI.jpg

Enjoying a magazine and a float.

Looked like a great time, Me and Cleo were very sad we couldn't make this run. We wanted to move our schedule around to make it but this weekend we had to pack as we are moving next weekend. Lucky we are not moving too far. Your all stuck with us still. Lol :rofl:

Looked like a great time, Me and Cleo were very sad we couldn't make this run. We wanted to move our schedule around to make it but this weekend we had to pack as we are moving next weekend. Lucky we are not moving too far. Your all stuck with us still. Lol :rofl:

Moving sucks! I spent my weekend unpacking! Hopefully I'll be here for awhile! Good luck with your move!

Looks like a 7 footer at least by my calculations.
Can anyone confirm that the crossing sandbar is gone? Looks like it in the pics. Got a buddy and a few folks from out of town headed that way this week so I wanted to give him a heads up.
21149233_1934234463516755_4770322546765594624_n.jpg

The sandbar is there for a ways but drops off significantly as you start to cut right towards the opening on the other shore. A power wagon on 35s almost made it but chickened out. I'd say it gets about 4.5-5ft deep. There is another crossing further down that's doable, see the vid earlier in this thread posted by @yjeff.

The sandbar is there for a ways but drops off significantly as you start to cut right towards the opening on the other shore. A power wagon on 35s almost made it but chickened out. I'd say it gets about 4.5-5ft deep. There is another crossing further down that's doable, see the vid earlier in this thread posted by @yjeff.

Thanks Abigail,
I think we're talking about a different spot. I'm curious about the one under the sheep bridge itself. The dodge video Phil posted isn't the spot that's cross-able, that guy looks like he didn't know where he's going. There is generally a nice sandbar headed north under the bridge that you dog leg around and pop out on the sand. We normally take the lower crossing by Horseshoe that Jeff posted and then cross again at the Sheeps and then go up Bloody from there.

Thanks Abigail,
I think we're talking about a different spot. I'm curious about the one under the sheep bridge itself. The dodge video Phil posted isn't the spot that's cross-able, that guy looks like he didn't know where he's going. There is generally a nice sandbar headed north under the bridge that you dog leg around and pop out on the sand. We normally take the lower crossing by Horseshoe that Jeff posted and then cross again at the Sheeps and then go up Bloody from there.

Actually the crossing the Dodge attempted is where everyone crossed for years ago, The crossing Jeff used is narrow crossing just north of that.

Actually the crossing the Dodge attempted is where everyone crossed for years ago, The crossing Jeff used is narrow crossing just north of that.
Okay, we're talking down near Horshoe, not up at the Bridge? I'm good on the horseshoe side, but was hoping to let this friend know before he gets this group up to Sheeps whether they can cross or not there. That's the tricky one imho.

Okay, we're talking down near Horshoe, not up at the Bridge? I'm good on the horseshoe side, but was hoping to let this friend know before he gets this group up to Sheeps whether they can cross or not there. That's the tricky one imho.

My post is about the crossing at the bridge, never known about any other optional legal crossing but FR479 to the KA ranch.

Thanks Abigail,

I'm talking about the crossing going under the bridge, same spot Phil is talking about. Definitely a sand bar there but it doesn't go all the way as I'm assuming it used to, now big drop off. Jeff posted two different videos, one of the Horseshoe crossing and then one that's a couple hundred yards from the bridge.

I crossed here:

Screenshot 2017-09-25 09.06.26.png

From what I gather, the crossing that people used to take is approximately where I put the red line. That crossing is no longer doable. You must cross on the south side of the bridge.

Sheep's Bridge.png

From what I gather, the crossing that people used to take is approximately where I put the red line. That crossing is no longer doable. You must cross on the south side of the bridge.

View attachment 1543818
Did anyone go up on the bridge and look at the line.

Yes I did. The dark land matter does not extend to the other side. The water was dirty but I coudl still see the ground and then it drops off. Like Brice says, no go unless you are a risk taker.....

Somebody needs to set the bar

The old l

View attachment 1543818

This is the last line I ran

Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom