seat swaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anybody know if a bench seat from 1989 pickup will fit a 1987?
Front or rear? I put a rear bench from a 2nd gen 4Runner (can’t remember the year) in an 1987 4Runner. For the most part it fit, but I believe I had to drill a couple of new holes to fit the later model seat brackets. Other than that it went right in. I swapped the front buckets and rear bench - it was a great swap. Also, pick up the over the shoulder seat belts from the 2nd gen if you have kids.

looked for pics but it was too long ago.

It's the front, it's a pickup.
I thought a saw someone put a 60/40 bench from the early 90's in a 86-88 pick up. I know I could switch to buckets, then the dogs wont fit.

I believe i took the seats out of second gen fourrunner and installed them in my 86 extra cab,had to drill holes for the rear mounts.

I know that the bucket seats out of a 88-94 pickup will work in our trucks but one of the bolts won't align. I have seen a 1st gen 4Runner with rear seats out of a second gen, but I have no idea what kinda work it would take to do it.

I know that the bucket seats out of a 88-94 pickup will work in our trucks but one of the bolts won't align. I have seen a 1st gen 4Runner with rear seats out of a second gen, but I have no idea what kinda work it would take to do it.

Not much. I just used the frames from the 1st gen and transferred the 2nd Gen cushions over. A good pair of hog ring pliers and hog rings will make short work of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom