Builds Sean's FJ40 Restomod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20201013_083043.jpg

20201013_083053.jpg

Couldn't remember how this worked:

20201021_080257.jpg

So made myself a "washer".

20201022_200829.jpg

I am rethinking/replanning a lot of the wiring to make things more efficient and simpler.

20201024_152047.jpg

So many wires!

Is that a New headlight grill or from one of the donor vehicles??
If new where did you get it, mine is bent???
The bezel? Like the white part? That is from the 75 donor. I body worked it some and had it powder coated. They are out there for sale.

The bezel? Like the white part? That is from the 75 donor. I body worked it some and had it powder coated. They are out there for sale.
Yeah the bezel, I have been having trouble finding one that is original, been watching ebay.

No, I didn't know of any facebook groups. If I have to I will try and straighten my old one. I think there are some chrome ones out there that I can always get powder coated. Yours looked new so I thought you might have a source.

No, I didn't know of any facebook groups. If I have to I will try and straighten my old one. I think there are some chrome ones out there that I can always get powder coated. Yours looked new so I thought you might have a source.
This one is really active, lots of good advice and parts for sale all the time.

Get yours blasted and see what you have. I will ask the guys I know in BC for, I am assuming a round one. I had a square one but sold it.

Screenshot_20201106-085000_Facebook.jpg

Good news about the FB groups - for some reason it never occurred to look there. Great build.
What was the coating you applied to the bottom of the tub? It looked flat black rather than your green paint (but could have been lighting).

The chrome bezel is still available new from Toyota if I remember correctly....

Good news about the FB groups - for some reason it never occurred to look there. Great build.
What was the coating you applied to the bottom of the tub? It looked flat black rather than your green paint (but could have been lighting).
Raptor liner. I sprayed it under the rear flares and up the underside of the firewall about 5".

It's been a while since I uploaded anything. I had to go back to work! Anyway, the cruiser is running and driving. The last hurdle is stretching the roof, I have really been dragging my feet on this because it is a big, complicated job.

I am adding just over 18" to the roof. I am doing a solid splice, I was hoping to splice the 2 windows together to have a nice big window, however, the 75 sides are about 3/8" "shorter" than the 79, meaning the two would not line up. I'm getting there, did quite a bit of work last time I was home (work 7 days on, 7 days off at remote mining camp).

20201206_115545.jpg

20210328_145211.jpg

It's been a while since I uploaded anything. I had to go back to work! Anyway, the cruiser is running and driving. The last hurdle is stretching the roof, I have really been dragging my feet on this because it is a big, complicated job.

I am adding just over 18" to the roof. I am doing a solid splice, I was hoping to splice the 2 windows together to have a nice big window, however, the 75 sides are about 3/8" "shorter" than the 79, meaning the two would not line up. I'm getting there, did quite a bit of work last time I was home (work 7 days on, 7 days off at remote mining camp).

View attachment 2634066

View attachment 2634067
Have you finished it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom