Scored 2007 Unicorn. The holy grail of 100 series. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure to punch in your VIN #, which then brings up your variation.

@ghong14 I've taken the advise from others on this forum and look up part numbers specific to my vehicle (LX) and year ('99) on Partsouq.com. I highly recommend you do the same since parts can vary by year and model. I found that hose part number for my truck HERE and can be assured it fits. Partsouq is also great because you can see related parts you may want to order as well, like the hose clips.

I have no idea if this is the correct part number for your truck, but if you put in the little bit of work to lookup by your vehicle, you'll save yourself a huge potential headache and time. Hope this helps.
View attachment 2614873
Hi @neilsen100 and @2001LC

Was wondering if I could get your help on looking at 2 more part numbers. I was changing the hose you pointed out when I saw 2 electrical wire clips were broken. I tried to find it in the site you provided but had no luck. Would really appreciate your help!

There seems to be 3 clips holding the black electrical wire (scroll to 2nd picture):

1B826A10-DD68-4A3C-A8FD-12C7B1A00803.jpeg

You can see only one small clip remains. The other is broken. Both are highlighted in BLUE.
Inked86DE77A6-D115-476D-BFA3-4831F98301D8_LI.jpg

PS is the following a part of the main engine housing?

InkedE1F2764D-3061-40C9-99C2-8AAFB3866952_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Not really a thread for asking about PN#'s,

I just now took the time too looked through pictures of first 4 or 5 pages. Found something that may help you "see" what you're looking at..

The CAM senor CLAMP WIRING block housing bracket, is available. When you have a better understand, of what you're looking at. You may find! your Wire housing block, which I kind of see it in your blurry pictures. May just need block hanging on it..
Timing belt cover cam clip wire housing (1).JPG
015.JPG

017.JPG

019.JPG

Good luck finding any of the harness brackets! This is 03-05.
066.JPG

Not really a thread for asking about PN#'s,

I just now took the time too looked through pictures of first 4 or 5 pages. Found something that may help you "see" what you're looking at..

The CAM senor CLAMP WIRING block housing bracket, is available. When you have a better understand, of what you're looking at. You may find! your Wire housing block, which I kind of see it in your blurry pictures. May just need block hanging on it..
View attachment 2621981View attachment 2621960

View attachment 2621975

View attachment 2621977
Good luck finding any of the harness brackets! This is 03-05.
View attachment 2622538
Exactly what I am looking for. I guess this is what you hand the gray electric connect on.

By the way the 2 other black clips that are on the right of that clip looks like the top clip is snapped on yours. Do you happen to know the part for that? PS great idea with the zip tie I thing I might do that too since one of mine is snapped as well. The other clip is completely loose

Last edited:
Did you notice the VVT cam sensor located in sides of head. RH was melted. Some plastic had to be chop out to remove bolt so I could take it out. This was necessary so I could remove the intake manifold that was being blocked by it. The RH knock sensor was also melted. Notices also the color of the cast iron of block in the valley. It had and unusual orange glow. This engine was hot!
View attachment 1678637 Knock sensor RH sideView attachment 1678638 View attachment 1678639 View attachment 1678641 View attachment 1678642

This is such an amazing thread - thank you! I assume you were able to use the intake that came with the GX engine, is that correct?

Still holding with this young pup. Early 80k mi and a few California / Nevada excursions under her belt. How quickly this became the family go to vehicle I’ll never know. Besides a minor ds door panel dent( which I’ve been lazy about hot waxing) she’s been steady and regularly serviced.

F5E06CCC-B759-4799-B020-2F4E3D993B04.jpeg

90AC5A99-8663-480A-ABB3-1B3A50B6C382.jpeg

This is such an amazing thread - thank you! I assume you were able to use the intake that came with the GX engine, is that correct?
Yes. IIRC it must come off to replace wire harness, but is reused if you like.

View attachment 2623439
Looks like you were able to find the replacement for these clips! Did you come with the cover?
No I've not, nore look very hard. But if you've top piece even bust away, it still clips in. You can also tie down.

I read every single page of this thread @2001LC . Your details are incredible. I’m going to follow everything to a T when I put my new engine in. I’m in Denver too and would be great to meet up for beers some day and listen to your shop knowledge. Keep up the good work!

You're welcome to stop by anytime, I'm So. Denver West of DTC area. Just PM me your contact info and remind me of what/why and I'll reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom