Events/Trails Save The Date: Fall Crawl at the Cove in Gore, VA October 25th-27th! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Great News!
That's right, after a four year absence, Fall Crawl is going back to the Cove in Gore, VA to celebrate it's 16th year!!
For the uninitiated, the Cove has an extensive network of trails for all skill levels.
Access the trails right from the large group camp.
Event updates will be posted here: Official 2019 Fall Crawl Thread.
Subscribe to the thread for latest event details and to join the conversation.

We'd love to host as many ONSC members that can make it.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Stump

Last edited:
I intend to be there. It's less than an hour from my parents house and my green 80 will already be up there! Depending on a few things, I might be able to bring a NC passenger up and back, if someone wants to ride shotgun.

The dates may work for me, I may be up in WV at Twin Mountain Off-Road Park or Panthera that week. Looks interesting.

Hey JV, if you are close to this location, you are also close to Twin Mountain. Worth checking it out, nice country drive too.

ONSC’ers - After spending 4 days hearing lots of first hand accounts of The Cove, and wheeling with plenty of CLCC and Keystone folks at Coal Mine, I’ll go out on a limb and say that we’d be remiss if we don’t get an ONSC posse together for this ride, especially you guys who trailer your junk around. Please seriously consider going!

Stay tuned! We are aiming to have registration open by the end of this week!
Remember, registration will be limited to 85 driver slots, so be sure to register early.
You don't want to miss out on camping and wheeling at The Cove!

Our apologies. The registration site was temporarily down do to exceeding our "quota" of something or other. I don't really know what that means, but I can tell you it won't happen again.
Continue to register.
We are off to a great start!
33 people registered to date. That leaves 52 slots available.
Don't wait until the last minute, or you might miss out.

Click HERE to register.

I typically drive my trailer worthy junk home, but I actually have a trailer lined up for this sort of event now. Anyone getting any closer to committing to this? I'm kind of on the fence, looks like an awesome event and I don't have anything going on in October yet. Its a little bit of a haul.

DO IT!
Seriously though, I think the drive alone at that time of year up through the Blue Ridge is worth the price of admission.

I'll be there.

Come on now, I was trying to convince him to come up. And here you go telling people you'll be there...

I was actually just checking out the route. I drove the parkway from Roanoke north to the end about a month ago, it would be a pretty sweet drive in october. There are a few good camp spots along the way too.

I was actually just checking out the route. I drove the parkway from Roanoke north to the end about a month ago, it would be a pretty sweet drive in october. There are a few good camp spots along the way too.

Man! Up 29 is the way to go; cut west at Charlottesville to 81. I just google mapped your drive from Silk Hope... 29 is a fantastic drive and you skip the worst part of 81. We take 29 when we come to Relic Run.

It is a nice drive, I’ve done quite a few trips to the northeast and that is by far the preferred route. Google maps always wants to route me via I-95 for some reason, funk dat. I’ll take 29 any day even if it is 3 min longer.

It is a nice drive, I’ve done quite a few trips to the northeast and that is by far the preferred route. Google maps always wants to route me via I-95 for some reason, funk dat. I’ll take 29 any day even if it is 3 min longer.
And it usually winds up actually being quicker due to some BS on 95 that slows you way down, especially here in VA.

Something else that I think is worth mentioning: Rausch Creek (in PA) is just about 3 hours from The Cove. If NC/SC folks are thinking about this trip, please consider the option of heading to RC a couple days before Fall Crawl. Hit RC (camping is included in park fees) for 2 days then drive back south to The Cove for the weekend. It makes perfect sense when you consider that most NC/SC people would never otherwise venture that far north.

I typically drive my trailer worthy junk home, but I actually have a trailer lined up for this sort of event now. Anyone getting any closer to committing to this? I'm kind of on the fence, looks like an awesome event and I don't have anything going on in October yet. Its a little bit of a haul.

I'm thinking the same thing now that i have a trailer, I'm thinking about it, just gotta see what i can do about getting off work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom