Events/Trails Save The Date: Fall Crawl at the Cove in Gore, VA October 25th-27th! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought the event was fantastic.
You are probably already thinking about how to do this, but Afgman had a mapping app (Gaia?) running. I wonder if it tracked his routes? Maybe we could use something like that during a future run to make our own map? With some metadata like difficulty level added by driver or copilot. Who knows, maybe we could look at the rate of elevation change as a pointer to really steep trails.

Oh, wouldn't it just be horrible to have to make a few trips to the Cove to map the trails?

Looking at the pics coming in, I think the fender boo-boo actually happened earlier...
So it happened on the well groomed gravel entry road to camp? We noticed it on the first run of the day, man, WTH???
Yes, Sean.
No, still doesn’t sound right.
my "Superflow MV-90" compressor is a beast...
You had just started tire number one when I walked 200’ to get my MV-50. You were already on number three when I drove back in my truck. That’s impressive. I hadn’t even stopped for a beer on the way!

I thought the event was fantastic.
You are probably already thinking about how to do this, but Afgman had a mapping app (Gaia?) running. I wonder if it tracked his routes? Maybe we could use something like that during a future run to make our own map? With some metadata like difficulty level added by driver or copilot. Who knows, maybe we could look at the rate of elevation change as a pointer to really steep trails.

I got 2 routes kind of mapped. Being my first time mapping out with an app instead of following a map, I did forget to turn it on when needed a couple times. It was kind of hard to remember turning that on, while also trying to understand the maps, maprika, and what gaia was showing.

So it happened on the well groomed gravel entry road to camp? We noticed it on the first run of the day, man, WTH???
"the pictures coming in" meaning, the pictures being posted from the event. Seem to show the oopsy-daisy was present from something earlier in day one."
You had just started tire number one when I walked 200’ to get my MV-50. !
Very generous. I don't think I would walked 200' for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom