Saudi 75 Too - Tilda Bogue Service Station (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Meshal had the original carburator rebuilt and tuned by their local carburator guru. It is slick and runs and cranks perfectly.

But if it ever goes south Brendan has a spare

Check out this OEM beauty

IMG_9841.jpeg

IMG_9842.jpeg

The day finally comes. The trucks land in Houston on April 8th. My calendar is clear and I’m ready to go and I get notice that my container has been selected for Customs inspection.

Is this normal? Whats this mean? The last two came through without a hitch.

This was my answer.

View attachment 3608778

Customs doesn’t charge anything but duty. All their secondary inspections, xrays, ect are free. Shipping companies take advantage of this and rake you over the coals in fees.

Dealing with it right now on a couple pallets from Japan. Customs duties is $155 out of so far $1400 in fees. Highway robbery in our land and sea ports, makes me not want to import. Ship it by air with DHL, trouble free and easy. Can’t do that with a whole Cruiser though.

Cheers

Good to know. He only charged me $127 for the inspection.

Duties and fees though were pretty expensive. I made the mistake of putting the real cost of these trucks on my paperwork.

They all will be $5000 trucks going forward

Good to know. He only charged me $127 for the inspection.

Duties and fees though were pretty expensive. I made the mistake of putting the real cost of these trucks on my paperwork.

They all will be $5000 trucks going forward
Yep. Bill of Sale is your friend; especially with Pickups. Duty rate is only 2.5% on everything else used IIRC.

Nice pickup. They are not easy to find in good condition and 25 years old. Great that you have someone on the ground that you can trust. I have been extremely happy with my 1FZ-F mated to the H150F 5 speed. Very peppy.

Did they cut the 79 series bed or just leave it long? Just curious.

Brendan wanted the best battery. I could not pull the trigger on one too. Just can’t believe what they cost these days. My little 70 is getting the budget battery 😆

IMG_9858.jpeg

I’ve been dreading taking this pallet apart for a week.

The person that wraps these things is clearly the devil. I think they intern at @cruiseroutfit and when they determine they are even too evil for them, Dobinsons sends them to a finishing school.

IMG_9861.jpeg

IMG_9864.jpeg

Aight. I need to rest up so I can wrestle these old springs out tomorrow
IMG_9865.jpeg

Rear leafs. Removed the two overloads.
IMG_9867.jpeg

Fronts, added some Dobinsons 3* steel shims
IMG_9868.jpeg

Aight. I need to rest up so I can wrestle these old springs out tomorrow
View attachment 3609689
Rear leafs. Removed the two overloads.
View attachment 3609688
View attachment 3609685
Congratulations on clean earlier J7 examples! Seeing the Aisin locking hubs box in the background makes me think you are going to ditch the drive flanges for locking hubs?

On the rear pack, aside from the overloads pulling the third blade from the top softens the pack considerably on EMU's. I suspect it should do similar on the Dobinsons.

View attachment 3609685
Great (and inspiring) job so far!

May I ask you if you should add this 3* shim?
Just ordered the 1.75 inch (40mm) Dobinsons lift kit for my future FJ45 resto. Shims are not included in the kit, should I order them?

Last edited:
I normally add 4* to all of my suspensions.

Toyota only has 1* positive caster when everything is perfect.

A leaf spring Chevy Blazer in the 80s had plus 5

Just about anything you do on a 40 will put you in negative caster territory.

There is almost no negatives and all positives to being 1-4* positive caster on a leaf spring vehicle.

Congratulations on clean earlier J7 examples! Seeing the Aisin locking hubs box in the background makes me think you are going to ditch the drive flanges for locking hubs?

On the rear pack, aside from the overloads pulling the third blade from the top softens the pack considerably on EMU's. I suspect it should do similar on the Dobinsons.

That third leaf is usually a target but I left it in the last 75 build and everyone is happy with the way it rides and sits.

Plus both of these guys like using them

IMG_7943.jpeg

You gotta love the irony about the truck being delayed due to Houthi rebels, when those rebels are using the same truck!* This is the NPR picture from an article earlier this year on the Red Sea attacks.

My FZJ75 left Jeddah on a RORO vessel early Feb and arrived in FL in early March via the Red Sea, Suez Canal, and the Med before heading to Mexico. Interesting this truck got so delayed/rerouted.

*Well, this is a 79 in the picture.

17HL-middle-east-01-zcjw-mobileMasterAt3x (1).jpg

You gotta love the irony about the truck being delayed due to Houthi rebels, when those rebels are using the same truck!* This is the NPR picture from an article earlier this year on the Red Sea attacks.

My FZJ75 left Jeddah on a RORO vessel early Feb and arrived in FL in early March via the Red Sea, Suez Canal, and the Med before heading to Mexico. Interesting this truck got so delayed/rerouted.

*Well, this is a 79 in the picture.

View attachment 3610208

s*** luck for sure. The previous two trucks came Suez in 43 days.

Hoping my next container that was delayed due to the Iran attack will actually leave on the 25th with a 43 day route.

556bbf8a-168e-44f6-9816-5db5888864f7.jpeg

ac85abfd-d524-4ae2-820e-b60cc9a80ca6.jpeg

One corner down. These things are hard to deal with Stock packs are 110# each

View attachment 3610341
If you can get one fit Old Man Emu's FK58 kit to the brake proportioning valve mounting on the axle housing. It will raise the mounting by 80mm and get the braking substantially better on the disc/drum combination. Generally on a light vehicle like this the spec is the FK51 kit but we find that the FK58 works better and does not lock up the rears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom