V8 service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_3192.jpeg
Hi this is my troopy camper, hopefully for further afield than Europe. Can anyone point me in the direction of service schedule for the 1vd-ftv engine. My hand book says oil every 3000 mile which seems a mighty short distance for nearly 10 litres of fully synthetic. Thank.

You won't go wrong following the service schedule in the FSM. Ever. That being said, why a modern engine needs fresh synthetic oil every 3000 miles confuses me too. I think these specs are global recommendations, where drivers may have to use non synthetic oil, or recycled oil, or oil they borrowed out of their uncle's tractor, or actually cross deserts for days on end or after towing at high rpm's in the mountains for weeks at a time. 3000 is pretty safe, no matter what. Your mileage may vary...as they say.

Last edited:
Toyota Australia spec 10k kms for oil and filter. Under high stress I drop my oil every 5k and oil and filter every 10k.

I run 15w-40 semi syn, no manufacturers seem to want to spec that as the preferred oil but Toyota have it listed for the 1VD-FTV. For DPF a 0w40 or 5w40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom