Running 37s with stock axles??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Short story, yes. Driving/wheeling habits may dictate their life. lol.

I have been running 37s on all stock running gear including the stock 4:10 3rds. It does surprisingle well. Just stay off the skinny pedal.

I run large 37s mud grapplers are 13.5 wide and I have 4.88s and she does 85 on hiway and Im just not stupid with gas pedal on the rocks or mud

I have 37's and 850 ft/lbs of torque coming out of my cummins 6BT...so far the stock axles have held up fine....just don't drive like an idiot.

There are several 80s in the Phoenix area, that run 37" tires on stock axles (with 4.10, 4.88, and 5.29 gears). Stock axles have proven to be fine.

4.5 years on 37s here. Stock rear axle shafts, Longfield birfields, 5.29 Nitro gears with ARB lockers on both ends, and all studs have been replaced with ARP. I do yearly trips to Utah/SW Colorado and it has done the Rubicon as well. It is driven to and from the trails from my house in SE Texas and is always loaded down with the family, the dog, camping gear, and luggage.

If I can't crawl up an obstacle then I pick another line or go around if I can. :beer:

Wheeled fairly hard for many years on 37's with stock axles. Just can' be stoopid.

Same with running built axles on 40's. At the end of the day they are still 8" front ring gears, with not giant axleshafts, and six surprisingly strong, but still just 8mm studs driving the wheel.

There are several 80s in the Phoenix area, that run 37" tires on stock axles (with 4.10, 4.88, and 5.29 gears). Stock axles have proven to be fine.

Probably close to a dozen, and about half of those get wheeled hard and often! It's our "job" as volunteers for the Forest Service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom