ROTW ROTW DGangle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you all for your kind comments. Let me provide some clarity. The color is 2000 Chev Corvette Millenium Yellow. The gauges are Autometer from Summit. They angle towards the driver's seat as does the tach which adds to the cool factor. They will have to be moved if I ever do AC.

The mat is a CCoT repro. I had them leave it uncut for the shifter and extra long under the drivers seat. I cut/trimmed the appropriate holes and around brackets to make it look like it came that way. Yea, no Toy logo. It fits like everything else from them. It's molded to some extent to fit the tranny hump. I had no other options as the original was beyond wasted. I do not think there is room for a 2" hump but I suggest you ask CCoT if they can do something for you. I was pleasantly surprised by them getting me one uncut and longer.

The motor is so clean 'cause the picture was taken right after it was 'done' in '00. It is still very clean as it sees no mud, or rain for that matter!.

The bought the jack from someone online and it was painted a mustard yellow. The color quality is poor and it makes it look the same as the truck. Not intended but coincidental.

The seats are Olympic Super Seats from Quadratec on boneyard heep sliders. $250-ish each. I built the seat frame from from 1" square tubing because I didn't want to pay BTB big bucks for theirs then have to modify it to my tastes.

The quality on the pics is poor because I did not have a digital camera when they were taken. I had the 35MM developed and put on CD. Bad Religion gladly resized and posted for me as I am somewhat computer illiterate. Plus I didn't have the space.

The entire tub is Rino lined, as is the interior of the hartop and rear doors. It prolly added 150# to the weight.

Attached is a better pic most have seen before. Thanks again.
1304-3 small.JPG

Last edited:
that's a well balanced machine you're running there, what kinda projects are you considering in the future?

Future projects as related to this 40:

Gotta soften the rear ride. I plan to relocate rear spring hanger forward and maybe lose another leaf in the rear spring packs.

New rear spring perches. The V8 is crushing the stock ones.

Gotta do a GM cross flow radiator. Not bad this time of year but the cooling system is surely taxed in the summer.

Family cage. Primarily to keep the sun off the kids. Maybe a Heep rear seat. I am not looking forward to having another custom roll cage cover made or drilling holes in my floor/fender wells to mount the seat. Plus the inevitable damage to the rear heater from the brats stepping on it as they crawl through to get into the back.

As far as another TLC project, I'd love to do another 40. Something not so common though. Thoughts of a right-hand drive diesel sound cool. Or maybe a late Canadian FJ45 with a custom extended cab. All it takes is time and money, two things which are now in short supply! Who says you can't dream though?

wow, that truly does look great. but one question tho, if you didnt do a spring over, what was the purpose of the cut and turn?

74fj40 said:
wow, that truly does look great. but one question tho, if you didn't do a spring over, what was the purpose of the cut and turn?
Short answer: combination of several different mods that worked against each other leaving no alternative.

Long answer: I did a V8 which moved the tranny and TC forwards approx 4". I did a spring reversal ('steering correction kit' by some) which gave 1.5" lift in the front and also caused the driveshaft slip joint to expand/contract with the movement of the suspension. This causes the angle in the front U-joint to get steeper as the suspension extends. I then added a 2.5" spring lift in the front for an even 4' lift all the way around. The result was severe binding of the U-joint in the front driveshaft closest to the third member. The only way to properly fix this was to point the pinion up to eliminate the binding U-joint. This causes the caster to go from approx +1* to about -11* which results in very poor steering, tracking and flat towing characteristics. The cut and turn solved everything. I was very hesitant at first but after reading a lot and talking about it with Jeremiah Proffit, decided to go ahead and do it. The hardest part was working on my knees on the garage floor. I must of had that thing in and out 25X. I could do the next one in half that!

HawkDriver said:
That is one fine looking cruiser. I like the tinting and that front bumper is pretty sweet too. Now do you have any pics with any actual dirt on it or at least pics of it being used for it's intended purpose other than to sit and look pretty? :D

:beer:
Nope. It does not get muddy. I hate mud.

i used to have tinted windows, until i went wheelin at night and couldnt see out the back. too dark, but it does look bitchen.

Your next project should be a 40 you CAN get dirty!

That is one of the most visually balanced cruisers I have seen. If that is your son in the pic you know that sh*t eating grin on his face is saying, "Uh-huh, drool over it folks! Daddy is keeping it dirt free until I get my license, then we will see how dirty I can get it!"

Again VERY nicely done! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom