Rotunda: 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sooooooo...........back to plan A. The 64 is getting all the goodies. I took it for one last drive as the roughest most uncomfortable vehicle ever built tonight. Big things coming for this little guy.

19F80256-F9A1-46F2-BB3A-23CBB1AB8789.jpeg

5B4399F0-8454-4C8C-A1F7-9CFF81328607.jpeg

155629D3-0AA7-410D-B2E1-0E32919C9D91.jpeg

954F7FA5-8D01-49F9-9C11-46D28C62A08B.jpeg

3F51F8F5-5BBD-4D92-9DC5-17080B72A7A1.jpeg

@Tank5 did you rebuild the drivetrain on this truck? I’ve got some questions.

Tcase looked freshly sealed but it had a bit of gear silver in the fluid. Wondering if that’s from break in or a problem

The clutch is SUPER stiff. I’m wondering if this is a 45 specific pressure plate like @FJ40Jim told me about.

Lastly, the engine components have been painted like it was rebuilt at some point. Wondering if you knew.

B28F04E7-6979-4AD8-9BE8-6BFF33F98FCB.jpeg

64444773-7412-4CD8-AFE0-77EA667894B8.jpeg

C97204E7-9B24-4280-AD71-32240096A630.jpeg

@Tank5 did you rebuild the drivetrain on this truck? I’ve got some questions.

Tcase looked freshly sealed but it had a bit of gear silver in the fluid. Wondering if that’s from break in or a problem

The clutch is SUPER stiff. I’m wondering if this is a 45 specific pressure plate like @FJ40Jim told me about.

Lastly, the engine components have been painted like it was rebuilt at some point. Wondering if you knew.

I did not rebuild the drivetrain on it. I did pull the tcase off and replace the seals then reinstalled. I do not recall seeing any silver in the oil but then again their was not a lot in it. It leaked pretty good when I got it. I did not pull the trans, the clutch is the same as it was when I received it. I did rebuild the clutch and brake master cylinders. I believe replaced the clutch slave cylinder too.

I did not rebuild the engine and it came to me as you see it painted up. I did replace the water pump, thermostat, and rad hoses with a kit from spector. If I recall correctly the original owner was a machinist and when talking with his son he gave me the impression that his dad rebuilt the engine. That was 5 years ago though so it is possible I could be mistaken. I would not doubt he did as the truck looked well cared for except for the 7 years it sat since his passing.

I did not rebuild the drivetrain on it. I did pull the tcase off and replace the seals then reinstalled. I do not recall seeing any silver in the oil but then again their was not a lot in it. It leaked pretty good when I got it. I did not pull the trans, the clutch is the same as it was when I received it. I did rebuild the clutch and brake master cylinders. I believe replaced the clutch slave cylinder too.

I did not rebuild the engine and it came to me as you see it painted up. I did replace the water pump, thermostat, and rad hoses with a kit from spector. If I recall correctly the original owner was a machinist and when talking with his son he gave me the impression that his dad rebuilt the engine. That was 5 years ago though so it is possible I could be mistaken. I would not doubt he did as the truck looked well cared for except for the 7 years it sat since his passing.

Great info. Thanks so much.

The oil pan and the clutch cover are botched out like none I’ve seen.
I’m assuming the clutch is for a PTO shaft but the oil pan. That’s a first for me.

2EF139A6-2B5B-40C8-AA47-7C4756468F5B.jpeg

C71C91B5-169B-4BED-8981-453B6CE4FD70.jpeg

Wow, I feel like I would have remembered that. I don't recall it though hum?

Yeah @FJ45VTOZ also has one (oil pan). Both SWB’s and LPB’s.

You should probably upgrade those tailights to something more modern too while your at it. You can send them to me and I will pay the shipping so you don't have to scrap them. Haha.

You should probably upgrade those tailights to something more modern too while your at it. You can send them to me and I will pay the shipping so you don't have to scrap them. Haha.

Needs some Mustang lights that blink out

That said I’ve got some horribly over sprayed front lights you can have.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom