Roof Line-x (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SF80, I like the results. Definitely a great foundation for an aftermarket roof rack.

Now that I hear LineX is color matching, I'm thinking a white total body coating would be the real deal.

Any thoughts as to the downside to LineXing the entire truck?

Upsides include no washing, waxing, or other paint maintenance issues; can use a power washer for cleaning :hillbilly: ; and, it's impervious to scratches from branches or car keys...where ever your wheeling takes you. :steer:

-KK

An S-10 that they completeley coated for demo was 90 lbs. Now that is a much smaller truck, but has a lot of surface area considering they also dis the entire inside bed, outside bed, and cab. So what would an 80 take? Maybe 110 lbs? Nott too bad to me!

Yep, I have a few of these waiting for roof rack lights:

Amazon.com: Ancor 765000 Marine Grade Electrical Wire Seal (Round Cable, 10 to 2-Gauge, .24-.47 Cable Range, UV Black): Sports & Outdoors

I had them shoot their finest texture for easy cleanup and to make sure that the electrical connections make a good seal. I'll also probably use a little silver RTV sealant just in case also.

Brian,

did you ever install the those pass thru's on your roof?

I'm curious to see how they came out.

Juan

Brian,

did you ever install the those pass thru's on your roof?

I'm curious to see how they came out.

Juan

Nope, not yet. I haven't *touched* the LC in 2 months, just too much work. Flip side, glad to be employed right now...

Also, need to get a roof rack to hold the lights, to need to install the pass-through.

I have to say I like the "unique-ness" of it but on my white truck im thinking it would look too much like a toupe' <sp?> for the truck.

:meh:

Makes it look like a fancy schmancy vinyl top! Cool concept though. Can you spray it over fiberglass? Like an FJ40 top.

Line X is able to color match your vehicle or at least their website says they can. I am waiting to hear back from my local Line X guy. Will let you know.

They can, but that's a lot more $ than I'm willing to spend! Now spraying cheapo bedliner myself and rattle-canning it, that I would invest in!

They can, but that's a lot more $ than I'm willing to spend! Now spraying cheapo bedliner myself and rattle-canning it, that I would invest in!

Dude, just do the whole truck. It'll hide all the bondo. :hillbilly:

Very nice work! I'm impressed. My LC 93 is a champagne gold color and I'm considering doing this as well as the lower thirds... curious to see what the black on the champagne would look like. Your color choices look great!

I did my gray truck roof in color matched LineX.

I really need to take some pics of mine. That would require washing it... or a good rain. Subscribing to the thread to remind myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom