Rock Crawling my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like this thread, but fair warning, I used to post "land cruiser at the hammers' threads and they started getting moved/deleted. Mods here are picky about what's tech and what's not.

My recommendation would be to post some question as a foil like "how do i change my heater valve" to keep it tech

Shows people what can be done, tech enough for me.

I’m definitely liking this thread. It’s always cool to see somebody drive an 80 through crazy stuff. I came from the Jeep world and sometimes I’ll come up to an obstacle and kinda get cold feet. And not everybody aspires to have an 8000000000 lb truck with an overland bound badge on it. Overlanders are always super cool don’t get me wrong but simple clean well loved wheeler like broskys is what I aspire my 80 to be like.

Can you point me toward this thread.... I've been sweating this decision pretty hard lately.
Yes, here:

I’m definitely liking this thread. It’s always cool to see somebody drive an 80 through crazy stuff. I came from the Jeep world and sometimes I’ll come up to an obstacle and kinda get cold feet. And not everybody aspires to have an 8000000000 lb truck with an overland bound badge on it. Overlanders are always super cool don’t get me wrong but simple clean well loved wheeler like broskys is what I aspire my 80 to be like.
emphasis on the word clean. the guy built his stuff right and even did the fenders and other stuff to be functional, not like the instagram wheeling community that we had here for a brief period of time

Hearing the thought process/outcome is valuable. It takes a bit more work with an 80 than a Jeep. And that’s what makes them cool.

...Still waiting for pics of van on tons :hillbilly:

...Still waiting for pics of van on tons :hillbilly:
Here you go.
1593785233609.png
1593785509390.png
1593785599399.png
1593785690370.png
1593787540593.png
I really miss the Van, it was a 2005 E150 that I purchased form the original owner with less then 40k mi. I scored a 2007 F350 4x4 rolling chassis less the Eng.& Tran. and used the axles & suspension for the 4x4 conversion. The installation was done by my friend John at Quad Van in Portland Oregon. The roof rack is aluminum walk on rack with solar & awning.
I pulled the carpet installed Dynamat and factory rubber flooring for ease of cleaning, I also installed two house batteries under the floor to complete the solar system & power the 12 volt refrigerator, The custom cabinet was also made by me. there was a ton of other stuff but you get the idea.
I had a picture of the van on the trail for my avatar tell just a few months ago. It's one of the one's I wish I never sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom