RIP Gudmundur 2.0 - TOTALED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well.... driving errands this morning and this happened..... 8 blocks from my house.

I was waiting at a red left turn arrow. On coming traffic had the green. On coming truck for no apparent reason swerves, jumps the median and hits me pretty much head on. I only got bruised up from the airbag. Land Cruiser is a tank. Other guy had to be taken away on a stretcher. Older truck, no air bags. Folks on the scene estimated he was was going almost 50mph. Curb helped scrub some of that speed..... but still.

full

full

full

I am guessing it the guy either fell asleep or was under the influence of something. He never even hit his brakes and there wasn't anyone else around him. This picture shows the path he came from. No skid marks at all.

full

Now get the fun process of dealing with insurance and trying to get a fair price. Also would like to remove my awning and RTT.

Well.... driving errands this morning and this happened..... 8 blocks from my house.

I was waiting at a red left turn arrow. On coming traffic had the green. On coming truck for no apparent reason swerves, jumps the median and hits me pretty much head on. I only got bruised up from the airbag. Land Cruiser is a tank. Other guy had to be taken away on a stretcher. Older truck, no air bags. Folks on the scene estimated he was was going almost 50mph. Curb helped scrub some of that speed..... but still.

full

full

full

I am guessing it the guy either fell asleep or was under the influence of something. He never even hit his brakes and there wasn't anyone else around him. This picture shows the path he came from. No skid marks at all.

full

Now get the fun process of dealing with insurance and trying to get a fair price. Also would like to remove my awning and RTT.
Damn dude that sucks!!! Glad you are ok, but the Hundy! :(

full

full

full

full

The Cruiser saved your life. o_O Glad to hear you were not injured in the affair. Best of luck dealing with the insurance company and your rebuild.

Wow...Glad you're ok and hope the other guy is too. Very unfortunate you took one for the team. Been there done that. Just terrible and hate it for you.

Look how your bull bar held up to that collision. Barely even moved if any. Amazing. Destroyed that shell of a truck.

Last edited:
Wow! Glad you're ok.

Regardless of what happens with insurance, you should be able to get the rtt, awning and others items off the truck. We have a guy here in Denver that totaled his vehicle and went to the yard where it was towed and the insurance company gave him permission to get all of his mods/stuff off the truck as long as he replaced it with other parts. Pretty much took off every bolt on item and transferred those parts to a new truck.

Man, that’s terrible, but great to hear that you’re OK. Another +1 for the bluberry doing an excellent job in a hard collision, and obviously the Cruiser’s tank-like quality. FWIW, I hit an elk a couple of weeks ago and my insurance adjuster has been extraordinarily easy and actually helpful to work with. I hope that yours is, too. Good luck!🍀

Wow! Glad you're ok.

Regardless of what happens with insurance, you should be able to get the rtt, awning and others items off the truck. We have a guy here in Denver that totaled his vehicle and went to the yard where it was towed and the insurance company gave him permission to get all of his mods/stuff off the truck as long as he replaced it with other parts. Pretty much took off every bolt on item and transferred those parts to a new truck.
Awesome. That is good to hear.

Man, that’s terrible, but great to hear that you’re OK. Another +1 for the bluberry doing an excellent job in a hard collision, and obviously the Cruiser’s tank-like quality. FWIW, I hit an elk a couple of weeks ago and my insurance adjuster has been extraordinarily easy and actually helpful to work with. I hope that yours is, too. Good luck!🍀
Agree +1 on the Blueberry. I do think it saved me from a worse injury.

Glad to hear about your experience with insurance. Hopefully our insurance will go the extra mile. We have all our cars, home, and businesses with a single agent we have been using for over 10 years, so am pretty hopeful it will go smoothly.

We have all our cars, home, and businesses with a single agent we have been using for over 10 years
Same for us (Liberty Mutual). Perhaps that makes a legitimate difference and all of us bundlers actually do get better service. Thus far that has been my experience with both auto and home (haven’t had to file a business claim yet). Nevertheless, I hope the process goes smoothly for you with the Cruiser.

Dang, that sucks. I know right where that happened.

Good looking Cruiser. Best of luck with insurance.

Whoa. Glad you're ok. That bumper looks to have saved some serious damage. The bumper didn't yield much at all from the looks of it and the damage pretty much stops right after the bumper. I wonder if that reduced cabin intrusion. This looks like a pretty good imitation of the offset front collision tests they do for insurance ratings.

Am I seeing that right? He hit you so hard his gas door popped open?

Glad you’re ok! I intend to force a possible future wife to drive an armored 100 for this exact reason.

Glad you’re OK. How much added protection do you think the Slee bumper gave you? I never considered getting one since I don’t off road, but I very well might if it could give significant added protection in a collision over stock.

Glad you’re OK. How much added protection do you think the Slee bumper gave you? I never considered getting one since I don’t off road, but I very well might if it could give significant added protection in a collision over stock.
Those Slee bumpers are bulletproof. After seeing one in person, I'd say probably the strongest front bumper you can get for these trucks.

Whoa. Glad you're ok. That bumper looks to have saved some serious damage. The bumper didn't yield much at all from the looks of it and the damage pretty much stops right after the bumper. I wonder if that reduced cabin intrusion. This looks like a pretty good imitation of the offset front collision tests they do for insurance ratings.
100% the bumper helped a lot. Though there is still a lot of damage.
Guessing it will be totaled. I did get under and take a quick look. Most of the drivers side IFS is toast, steering rack, radiators, etc. Plus the airbags went off.

Wonder if there are any new 100 series up for sale?:p

👀 I'd bet Slee would relish some pics of your rig @CORunner as an added marketing tool for their engineering and fabrication efforts. As some have already stated, wrapping our wives and children in the cocoon of safety Slee and others provide is huge. They may even come across with a new bumper for your next Hundy if you can't get your's off... 🤔

Did you let them tow it to a yard? I've had them tow the truck to my home, they charge for it, but reimbursed through the claim. It gives you an opportunity to go through your belongings, maybe clean the interior so insurance doesn't ding you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom