RIP Gudmundur 2.0 - TOTALED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think he mentioned in this thread that he doesn't have the ability to park it off-street where he lives. Might have seen that on RS though.

Good point. I missed that one.

Glad you’re ok. Im close by (i know the spot of the wreck) if you need a hand with anything. I have some garage space if you need to park the tent/etc for a minute.

I didn’t plan on buying bumpers or sliders but if your looking to do something with them I’d be interested.

Last edited:
Hate to say what everyone is thinking, but how much for the sliders?

Hate to say what everyone is thinking, but how much for the sliders?
HA. Yes, there are a lot of goodies on this truck.

I really did love the 100 and had it pretty much built up perfect for our needs. Would like to get another 100........ but man, the prices have gone through the roof. I think my current plan is to pull everything off that I can and store the bits. Then start the long process of finding another 100 knowing it could take 6 months or longer to find a good one at a good price.

If I don't find one, I'll sell all the goodies. Don't worry, I'll post stuff for sale here first.

Just a quick update. Insurance is being pretty good about allowing me to remove parts. I just have to send them a list and they will send it on to Copart (lot where is it being stored by insurance).

They did throw out a first offer on settlement at $7900. I think it is low. The adjuster was more than willing to have me send him comps. He did agree that Land Cruisers of these years are hard to value because KBB is useless, especially in CO and that they are starting to go up in value.

SOOOO, need some MUD help to find some comps. He did say if I can find ones in CO/UT/NM/WY would be best. Also same year and approx miles help.

My Cruiser was a 2001 with 180,000 miles. Always a CO car with no rust.

Here are a few comps I found (I am throwing in the BAT listings, cause that would be nice if I could use those).
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-toyota-land-cruiser-17/ - 2000 Land Cruiser 191K miles - Current bid $12,250
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-toyota-land-cruiser-16/ - 2000 Land Cruiser 165K miles - SOLD $13,750
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/co...r-rear-diff-lock-sliders-rear-bumper.1221476/ - 1999 Land Cruiser 280K miles, mild build. Looks like is sold for around asking $13,000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Toyota-Land-Cruiser/224119379444 - 1999 Land Cruiser 238K miles - Current bid $8,100

How successful have other been with insurance on trying to get some compensation for other upgrades? Here are the items I can't really remove:
- OME lift with heavies
- SPC upper control arms
- Slee Diff drop
- Doug Thorley headers and custom exhaust
- 2nd battery system (may see if I can pull the 2nd battery)
- Blue Sea automatic ACR
- Complete stereo upgrade (head unit, speakers, amp, sub)
- Solar with controller (may see if I can pull the controller)

Just a quick update. Insurance is being pretty good about allowing me to remove parts. I just have to send them a list and they will send it on to Copart (lot where is it being stored by insurance).

They did throw out a first offer on settlement at $7900. I think it is low. The adjuster was more than willing to have me send him comps. He did agree that Land Cruisers of these years are hard to value because KBB is useless, especially in CO and that they are starting to go up in value.

SOOOO, need some MUD help to find some comps. He did say if I can find ones in CO/UT/NM/WY would be best. Also same year and approx miles help.

Here are a few comps I found (I am throwing in the BAT listings, cause that would be nice if I could use those).
No Reserve: 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser UZJ100 - 2000 Land Cruiser 191K miles - Current bid $12,250
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-toyota-land-cruiser-16/ - 2000 Land Cruiser 165K miles - SOLD $13,750
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/co...r-rear-diff-lock-sliders-rear-bumper.1221476/ - 1999 Land Cruiser 280K miles, mild build. Looks like is sold for around asking $13,000
1999 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay - 1999 Land Cruiser 238K miles - Current bid $8,100

How successful have other been with insurance on trying to get some compensation for other upgrades? Here are the items I can't really remove:
- OME lift with heavies
- SPC upper control arms
- Slee Diff drop
- Blue Sea automatic ACR
That offer is on the low end of the range for a rust-free southwestern truck with that mileage. It’s going to be difficult to get much of anything out of them for aftermarket upgrades, though. From my experience, you likely will get a portion of the parts costs (not labor costs) for repairs/maintenance items if you still have the receipts for them. Below is a 100 that’s similar to yours with similar miles that sold here in AZ a couple of weeks ago. It sold within 24 hours of listing.

036EE601-10B2-4BEA-A99E-15BB00E15C3E.png

8E9839C5-2CF6-4001-B230-2C8B3CBD32CD.png

77A86245-88F5-49C4-92A7-42367A77C859.png

C183CB1E-A715-40CC-9265-59EA0514228E.png

No Reserve: 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser UZJ100 - 2000 Land Cruiser 191K miles - Current bid $12,250
1999 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay - 1999 Land Cruiser 238K miles - Current bid $8,100

- OME lift with heavies
- SPC upper control arms
- Slee Diff drop
- Blue Sea automatic ACR
Having just gone through this with my Excursion...You will want to settle on the totaled estimate and then get the salvage price. I determined my Excursion buy back price was $2,700.00 and apparently USAA put it out there for others to see as my phone rang off the hook wanted to schedule pick up. Buy your rig back. Find some temporary space to really pick it clean and then sell the hulk for scrap. You'll be surprised how much you'll put in the bank for your next Hundy.
Best of Luck Mate,
G

How successful have other been with insurance on trying to get some compensation for other upgrades?

I think the problem with this is you kinda need to have that conversation with the insurance company before there is a problem/claim. When I first insured my built 100 my insurance and I had a lot of back and forth on this issue. With pics and supporting info. they agreed to an extra 10k of value for aftermarket stuff. Not nearly enough considering whats on there but its at least something.

7900 is way low. I would say a stock 2001 with your mileage is worth at least 10 to 11k. If there are items you can't remove but have value then they should absolutely be factoring those in. Unfortunately it will take a really stellar insurance adjuster to do so.

ALSO- don't forget to get checked out for aches and pains and stuff. Although the truck did a heck of a job, human beings are not as great at absorbing big shots like that. If something hurts, do get it looked at.

Don't underestimate this. I was rear ended (obligatory that's what she said :rolleyes:) in 1999. Seemingly fairly minor at the time. I still pay the price every day now some 20 plus years later with back/neck pain. I am not a big believer in the litigious nature of our society but if I could go back in time I would sue that inattentive as****e for as much as i could get, just saying...

Having just gone through this with my Excursion...You will want to settle on the totaled estimate and then get the salvage price. I determined my Excursion buy back price was $2,700.00 and apparently USAA put it out there for others to see as my phone rang off the hook wanted to schedule pick up. Buy your rig back. Find some temporary space to really pick it clean and then sell the hulk for scrap. You'll be surprised how much you'll put in the bank for your next Hundy.
Best of Luck Mate,
G
That is an interesting idea. How did you come up with the buy back price?

I think the problem with this is you kinda need to have that conversation with the insurance company before there is a problem/claim. When I first insured my built 100 my insurance and I had a lot of back and forth on this issue. With pics and supporting info. they agreed to an extra 10k of value for aftermarket stuff. Not nearly enough considering whats on there but its at least something.

7900 is way low. I would say a stock 2001 with your mileage is worth at least 10 to 11k. If there are items you can't remove but have value then they should absolutely be factoring those in. Unfortunately it will take a really stellar insurance adjuster to do so.

Don't underestimate this. I was rear ended (obligatory that's what she said :rolleyes:) in 1999. Seemingly fairly minor at the time. I still pay the price every day now some 20 plus years later with back/neck pain. I am not a big believer in the litigious nature of our society but if I could go back in time I would sue that inattentive as****e for as much as i could get, just saying...
Makes sense on the mods. Not hoping to get all the money back, just a little.

Been pulling comps for the last few hours. I haven't really looked at Cruiser prices much since I bought mine 3 yrs ago. Wow.... they have gone up and ones in good condition are hard to find.

For reference if anyone has to go through this same process in the future, here are the comps I pulled so far.

Range is pretty big. I did find some below $9K, but they were either sketchy ads or rust buckets so I didn't include them.

HA. Yes, there are a lot of goodies on this truck.

I really did love the 100 and had it pretty much built up perfect for our needs. Would like to get another 100........ but man, the prices have gone through the roof. I think my current plan is to pull everything off that I can and store the bits. Then start the long process of finding another 100 knowing it could take 6 months or longer to find a good one at a good price.

If I don't find one, I'll sell all the goodies. Don't worry, I'll post stuff for sale here first.
I don't blame you at all... I would do exactly the same thing... but with an 03 for the 5 speed tranny and facelift interior :)

Comp?

- OME lift with heavies
- SPC upper control arms
- Slee Diff drop
- Blue Sea automatic ACR

I got my insurance company to give 10% of the cost for any upgrades, that was all ..... and even with receipts didn't count some.

So where's the liability for the ass-hat that hit you? That's the part that typically sucks: They get off without paying for what they did.

How did you settle on the name gudmunder?

How did you settle on the name gudmunder?
In 2014, I bought 2001 white land cruiser. The guy I bought it from was an expat from Iceland. His name was Gudmundur...... so we named the Land Cruiser Gudmundur. It was stock and I planned on building it up. Did some upgrades and about 2 yrs later I came across a screaming deal on a fully built 100 series. Funny enough, the fully built one was also a 2001 white land cruiser. Bought it.... and named it Gudmundur 2.0 and sold off 1.0.

Gudmundur 2.0 in the front.... Gudmundur 1.0 in the back.
full

That is an interesting idea. How did you come up with the buy back price?
Once you have done your best deal with the insurance company, ask them for the "Salvage Price Quote"... It will probably blow you away how cheap you can buy it back for... I bought my Excursion for $2,700.00. Once you've really taken the time to pick it clean, advertise it for sale on your local Craigs List and you'll probably make another ~$2K with the final scrap sale... Good Luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom