RIP Gudmundur 2.0 - TOTALED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you let them tow it to a yard? I've had them tow the truck to my home, they charge for it, but reimbursed through the claim. It gives you an opportunity to go through your belongings, maybe clean the interior so insurance doesn't ding you for that.
Yep already towed to the yard. Thought about an alternate location to tow it, but couldn't take it to my house. Live in a down area without a drive. Don't think the city would like it parked on the street. :p

Hoping insurance will give me a chance to pull the RTT and some of the other items.

Yep already towed to the yard. Thought about an alternate location to tow it, but couldn't take it to my house. Live in a down area without a drive. Don't think the city would like it parked on the street. :p

Hoping insurance will give me a chance to pull the RTT and some of the other items.
If they don't pay you out for the items, I think they're required to allow you to get whatever you want, provided you leave a complete vehicle.

First time i’ve seen a hood like that

I'd refer to the tent as "something on the roof rack" not a modification. You're allowed to get stuff out of your vehicle... stuff in the trunk, center console, cargo area, etc.

Glad you're okay!

Wish you were closer or vice versa, I have some space.

Oooof! So sorry that happened to you. So glad you're safe though. The rig clearly did it's job protecting you (HUGE testament to the structural quality of the 100 Series platform). Hopefully things work out and you'll be back in another soon enough.

I pay abut $120 extra a year with an add-on policy that spells out the extra stuff I have (bumper, winch, suspension bits, sliders, wheels) with their value, and my policy pays out for those now if the vehicle is totaled. So I just walk away and buy new.

Just got off the phone with my adjuster. They said I can take off any accessory I put on, but have to leave a complete vehicle. So that is good news.

Going to pull the RTT, roof rack, sliders, interior barrier. Would like to pull the drawers, but were home built and would take a lot to remove.

Wonder if I should try to pull the rear bumper? That doesn't seem like leaving a complete vehicle......

Just got off the phone with my adjuster. They said I can take off any accessory I put on, but have to leave a complete vehicle. So that is good news.

Going to pull the RTT, roof rack, sliders, interior barrier. Would like to pull the drawers, but were home built and would take a lot to remove.

Wonder if I should try to pull the rear bumper? That doesn't seem like leaving a complete vehicle......
Just need to find a tupperware bumper cover and stick it on there.

Just need to find a tupperware bumper cover and stick it on there.
Yup. Maybe somebody in your local cruiser club has the OEM cover laying around. Worst case, you should be able to get one at a junkyard for cheap.

👀 I'd bet Slee would relish some pics of your rig @CORunner as an added marketing tool for their engineering and fabrication efforts. As some have already stated, wrapping our wives and children in the cocoon of safety Slee and others provide is huge. They may even come across with a new bumper for your next Hundy if you can't get your's off... 🤔
I actually sent them an email praising their quality and some pictures. Here is what they replied back..... no freebies... but they are more then willing to sell me more Slee goodness! :rofl:

"Hey Paul,

Thank you for sending these over to us and very happy to hear you made it out unharmed! Wow, crazy the amount of energy here and happy to bumper helped protect you! I will forward over to our engineer and product developer. Sorry to hear you lost your adventure rig, I would be happy to help in building another when the timing is right. Happy to hear you where not injured.

Best Regards,

Amory
Marketing & Sales Support

Slee Off-Road
700 Pine Ridge Rd
Golden CO 80403"

That sucks, man. Sometimes life comes at you hard for no apparent reason, but your homie the hundred series looks to have looked out for you well.

Best of luck on insurance and whatever replaces it - glad you're still here.

ALSO- don't forget to get checked out for aches and pains and stuff. Although the truck did a heck of a job, human beings are not as great at absorbing big shots like that. If something hurts, do get it looked at.

I'd hit up some of the RS guys in Denver. Just sent you a PM as I can give a hand too but more of a drive.

I'd hit up some of the RS guys in Denver. Just sent you a PM as I can give a hand too but more of a drive.
Thanks! I've cross posting over there too. Few of the local Denver areas RS members have been giving me advice on insurance etc.

BTW, thanks in general to everyone here for advice. This is one of the better car communities I have been involved with!!

Agree +1 on the Blueberry. I do think it saved me from a worse injury.

Glad to hear about your experience with insurance. Hopefully our insurance will go the extra mile. We have all our cars, home, and businesses with a single agent we have been using for over 10 years, so am pretty hopeful it will go smoothly.

Sucks your truck is trashed. Stoked you are ok. Gotta love that Blueberry

In the future, if this happens to anyone else, simply have your rig towed to your own house. Take off whatever bits you want, then your insurance co will pay to have it delivered/towed to whatever shop you both agree on.

In the future, if this happens to anyone else, simply have your rig towed to your own house. Take off whatever bits you want, then your insurance co will pay to have it delivered/towed to whatever shop you both agree on.
I second this recommendation. That's what I did when I hit an elk and trashed the front end.

I think he mentioned in this thread that he doesn't have the ability to park it off-street where he lives. Might have seen that on RS though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom