RIP CSC#007, Kevin Patterson AKA Tools R Us (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Many of you here may not have met Kevin Patterson or knew him as a fellow founding member of CopperStateCruisers. Kevin holds club number 007 @Tools R Us. Kevin was an excellent 4wheeler, knew more about fixing Landcruiser’s than most and was a driving force in both our Arizona community and across the world on IH8MUD. TRAL was fortunate to have had Kevin as a driving force to their organization. All of us benefited greatly from his partnership with the Tonto National Forest staff to maintain roads and keep many trails open for all to enjoy.

I have benefitted, as have many of you, from Kevin's ideas and modifications. Let’s just say a little bit of Kevin's work will live on for many of us.

Kevin worked hard with TRAL keeping trails open and I can't think of any better way to honor him than by adopting a trail. We look forward to adopting the following in partnership with TRAL:

FR 27, Mount Ord trail (the back way) from Slate Creek off Highway 87 .

FR 18, Red Creek, for as long as it stays open.

I speak for all to express our sorrow to the Patterson family, TRAL, and the cruiser community who lost a good man. This serves as a reminder that life is precious and our time here is short. Wherever you are and wherever you are going know that CSC will remember you always Tools R Us.

Sincerely

CopperStateCruisers

Well said Phil, sounds like a great way to honor Kevin and all he has done for the community.

Mt Ord has always been a fun run with a lot of tight and washed-out areas, sure to bring a smile. Also, there's are several significant Tonto Basin HAM radio repeaters on that mountain on the top which can be seen if you take the time to park and walk the rest of the 1/2 mile to the top. Given their antenna altitude, they have coverage over most of the Tonto Basin and back into Phoenix. A couple of weekends ago, I had my HT out and listening to Mt Ord repeater traffic from Sun Lakes in Chandler - about a 45-50mi distance.

146.920-Mtn TopMt OrdW7ARA
146.960-Mtn TopMt OrdWR7GC

I am quite partial to FR18, so I endorse the idea of adopting it

Hi Relix :cheers:

did you see us in the Thanksgiving Parade ?

I don't log in to this site much any longer but stumbled across this post today. Very sad to hear this news. Kevin helped me numerous times with various FJ80 issues and mods and was always selfless with his time and insight. Rest easy, Kevin.

Wow, it's been awhile since I've checked in on this forum. This is such sad news right off the bat, and though it is very late I offer my prayers of comfort to Kevin's family for his loss. He was a great guy and helped me with several issues I had with my old FJ 62. I know his loss will be felt.

today, Kevin's 40 left Arizona

pics to follow

8A8B6637-0F45-4927-9F4A-1791149B5E0B.jpeg

John winching the 40 into the trailer (through the side door with a snatch block)

DCF06A35-CE9F-42BB-B866-931E99524EBA.jpeg

Richard kept the license plate :hillbilly:

10B01D1D-5184-4A32-8B01-D8DDD406107D.jpeg

the Buyer with Sue - he's had 40s before this and said it was in better shape than his first one

the shocker was that the 30-year old dried out flat tires actually tried to hold air :eek: - one succeeded

Last edited:
The last good tag on the 40 was from 1992. The 4T bolts still came off with zero rust, though.

Underneath we discovered a temp tag...from 1988. :hillbilly:
5DD8E969-C0B9-498F-B398-F3BFC74C124B.jpeg

The conclusion of Wednesday’s afternoon of work:
D77B72DA-A5E7-41A0-9C2D-1EF3A1DF095D.jpeg
0921DE75-5FA8-42AB-889D-8498412678F1.jpeg

That thing looks like Claudia drove it.

:flipoff2: ;)

The little tire that couldn’t...it held air overnight, but started leaking as soon as we moved it. At least in the picture it looks like its going really fast!
1A80B29F-5B7D-4092-88ED-76698F7914FC.jpeg

When you’re too lazy to push a 40 onto a trailer, the M12000 gets put to use.

7877B843-BF90-45D9-9505-17CD743AB8C0.jpeg

I thought this sticker on the hard top’s rear hatch was kind of cool:
7451790C-15F7-44A9-8A8A-294B37D608B0.jpeg

And just because...look at all that hair!
62D9839A-A675-4A1D-942B-280F9F998A54.jpeg

I never knew Kevin had a 73. Just changed the rims/tires on my 73 that hasn't been registered even longer. Believe tires I took off were from 1988. All but one held air. Last one held air long enough to roll it from RV parking into garage on the other side of house back in March. If I would have known I have set of roller wheels/tires in the valley. Good chance I'll have another set in the valley next week.

I never knew Kevin had a 73. Just changed the rims/tires on my 73 that hasn't been registered even longer. Believe tires I took off were from 1988. All but one held air. Last one held air long enough to roll it from RV parking into garage on the other side of house back in March. If I would have known I have set of roller wheels/tires in the valley. Good chance I'll have another set in the valley next week.

his 40 has always been in his signature line - just sayin' - look it up

and just as one indication of how complete it was (discounting the Jeepish round rear wheel cut-outs): the rubber cover of the windshield wiper switch on the windshield wiper motor was still there :cool:

[and no, I was not personally interested in that highly coveted switch cover, since there is indeed a difference between the '72 and '73 wiper motor switch covers - on my '72, there's no provision for the cover to be bolted down, while the '73 has provisions for a screw both in the cover and the bracket it mounts to]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom