RIP CSC#007, Kevin Patterson AKA Tools R Us

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

Many of you here may not have met Kevin Patterson or knew him as a fellow founding member of CopperStateCruisers. Kevin holds club number 007 @Tools R Us. Kevin was an excellent 4wheeler, knew more about fixing Landcruiser’s than most and was a driving force in both our Arizona community and across the world on IH8MUD. TRAL was fortunate to have had Kevin as a driving force to their organization. All of us benefited greatly from his partnership with the Tonto National Forest staff to maintain roads and keep many trails open for all to enjoy.

I have benefitted, as have many of you, from Kevin's ideas and modifications. Let’s just say a little bit of Kevin's work will live on for many of us.

Kevin worked hard with TRAL keeping trails open and I can't think of any better way to honor him than by adopting a trail. We look forward to adopting the following in partnership with TRAL:

FR 27, Mount Ord trail (the back way) from Slate Creek off Highway 87 .

FR 18, Red Creek, for as long as it stays open.

I speak for all to express our sorrow to the Patterson family, TRAL, and the cruiser community who lost a good man. This serves as a reminder that life is precious and our time here is short. Wherever you are and wherever you are going know that CSC will remember you always Tools R Us.

Sincerely

CopperStateCruisers

Mt Ord has always been a fun run with a lot of tight and washed-out areas, sure to bring a smile. Also, there's are several significant Tonto Basin HAM radio repeaters on that mountain on the top which can be seen if you take the time to park and walk the rest of the 1/2 mile to the top. Given their antenna altitude, they have coverage over most of the Tonto Basin and back into Phoenix. A couple of weekends ago, I had my HT out and listening to Mt Ord repeater traffic from Sun Lakes in Chandler - about a 45-50mi distance.

146.920-Mtn TopMt OrdW7ARA
146.960-Mtn TopMt OrdWR7GC

I don't log in to this site much any longer but stumbled across this post today. Very sad to hear this news. Kevin helped me numerous times with various FJ80 issues and mods and was always selfless with his time and insight. Rest easy, Kevin.

Top Bottom