Return to stock height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 78 FJ40 with a 4” HFS lift and want to return to stock height with 31” tires. What is the best suspension system to get this done?

Last edited:
Something else you may think about:

OE springs as well as aftermarket sag with age. You could probably go with a 2" lift set of springs which would probably settle to near stock height over time.

I had stock height springs made. Worked out great but it was expensive because I was particular about the same spring width/height/count/rate as original.

Still have my OEM’s that were okay, just a little saggy. I fixed them up, degrease, wire wheel, seal coat of paint, but they could use a re-arch if you wanted them to be more supportive. They’d also be great for a spring over. I’ll PM you to see if you are in the area and are interested in them. Too expensive to ship but I’ll let them go cheaply if you’re in the WA area for pickup.
D45C98EC-CBF9-42FD-9EC5-EB24F2EBCB5E.jpeg

0BA8D0AD-E81F-472C-ADDF-64545550B360.jpeg

67BE793B-2C2B-4516-8298-1017377563A3.jpeg

I had stock height springs made. Worked out great but it was expensive because I was particular about the same spring width/height/count/rate as original.

Still have my OEM’s that were okay, just a little saggy. I fixed them up, degrease, wire wheel, seal coat of paint, but they could use a re-arch if you wanted them to be more supportive. They’d also be great for a spring over. I’ll PM you to see if you are in the area and are interested in them. Too expensive to ship but I’ll let them go cheaply if you’re in the WA area for pickup.
View attachment 3065372
View attachment 3065374

View attachment 3065373
Thanks for the offer but I am in KY

I also wanted to preserve stock ride height, ride so put in new Bilsteins. I have heard nothing but good things about Alcan, but like most things of quality, spendy. On the ‘76, I had the originals re-curved. Worked quite well but have yet to test it with my camping load out inside of vehicle. That will be the acid test, so to speak.

It seems that most of aftermarket manufacturers (eg. OME, DOBBINSONS, TERRAIN TAMER, RANCHO etc) do not bother with stoc height : minimum is a 2 inch (5cm) lift. Why (I guess there is a market)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom