Replacing Window Felt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I recently bought new inner and outer replacement felt for all my windows on my FJ62 and ran into some issues on the outers. I have seen a thread about being able to pop the new ones in by taking out the chrome piece under the seal. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the original chrome pieces though because I like the look. The only problem I think is that the original chrome has holes that do not match the door panel holes and I can't figure out how they went in in the first place
yGDNQTV
yGDNQTV.jpg

Old Clip
o3xkVpQ.jpg

Old Clip profile
aoigAHC.jpg

New Clips
CZileT3
CZileT3.jpg

New Clips
aClzVLQ.jpg

New seal profile
TsqhL5n.jpg

Chrome piece in place on door
ADwJ8CR.jpg

Holes not lining up

Last edited:
AEAE4BA6-6275-413F-946C-E982C1857656.jpeg
2A7A985C-0624-40CA-A4F3-181EFB502B35.jpeg
You may be experiencing what I ran into. I struggled for an hour trying to get the new outer rubber to attach back on the chrome. Was not gonna happen for me. I finally discovered what I bought was for non chrome use. Here’s a pic of the Orr number and then how it looks on the door.

Your old clip is broken... the new clips leg slips into the slots in the door. You might have to reposition the he clip, but you can pry them off and put the on where they belong being careful not to break the new tabs. The old one was 30 years old when it broke... hth

Resurrecting this. The old clips are not broken. They are for use WITH the chrome trim and don’t use the holes in the door. The little tab at the bottom clips over the edge of the metal on the door to hold the whole assembly in. Anyone have any of the old school clips available from when they deleted the chrome? I don’t think they are available anywhere and it’s the only way I can see to retain the chrome and replace the felt. Any other solutions from anyone?

Resurrecting this. The old clips are not broken. They are for use WITH the chrome trim and don’t use the holes in the door. The little tab at the bottom clips over the edge of the metal on the door to hold the whole assembly in. Anyone have any of the old school clips available from when they deleted the chrome? I don’t think they are available anywhere and it’s the only way I can see to retain the chrome and replace the felt. Any other solutions from anyone?
Im working on reproducing clips, I'll make a post about it soon on my FJ60 Solutions thread Fj60 Solutions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj60-solutions.1234894/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom