Replacing Window Felt

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by workingonfj62, Oct 17, 2017.

1. workingonfj62

workingonfj62

So I recently bought new inner and outer replacement felt for all my windows on my FJ62 and ran into some issues on the outers. I have seen a thread about being able to pop the new ones in by taking out the chrome piece under the seal. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the original chrome pieces though because I like the look. The only problem I think is that the original chrome has holes that do not match the door panel holes and I can't figure out how they went in in the first place[​IMG][​IMG]
    Old Clip
    [​IMG]
    Old Clip profile[​IMG]
    New Clips[​IMG][​IMG]
    New Clips[​IMG]
    New seal profile
    [​IMG]
    Chrome piece in place on door[​IMG]
    Holes not lining up

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  2. CenTXFJ60

CenTXFJ60 SILVER Star

AEAE4BA6-6275-413F-946C-E982C1857656.jpeg 2A7A985C-0624-40CA-A4F3-181EFB502B35.jpeg You may be experiencing what I ran into. I struggled for an hour trying to get the new outer rubber to attach back on the chrome. Was not gonna happen for me. I finally discovered what I bought was for non chrome use. Here’s a pic of the Orr number and then how it looks on the door.

gregnash likes this.
  3. LAMBCRUSHER

LAMBCRUSHER

Your old clip is broken... the new clips leg slips into the slots in the door. You might have to reposition the he clip, but you can pry them off and put the on where they belong being careful not to break the new tabs. The old one was 30 years old when it broke... hth

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.