Replacing Window Felt

So I recently bought new inner and outer replacement felt for all my windows on my FJ62 and ran into some issues on the outers. I have seen a thread about being able to pop the new ones in by taking out the chrome piece under the seal. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the original chrome pieces though because I like the look. The only problem I think is that the original chrome has holes that do not match the door panel holes and I can't figure out how they went in in the first place

Old Clip

Old Clip profile

New Clips

New Clips

New seal profile

Chrome piece in place on door

Holes not lining up

Last edited:

CenTXFJ60

SILVER Star
AEAE4BA6-6275-413F-946C-E982C1857656.jpeg
2A7A985C-0624-40CA-A4F3-181EFB502B35.jpeg
You may be experiencing what I ran into. I struggled for an hour trying to get the new outer rubber to attach back on the chrome. Was not gonna happen for me. I finally discovered what I bought was for non chrome use. Here’s a pic of the Orr number and then how it looks on the door.

Your old clip is broken... the new clips leg slips into the slots in the door. You might have to reposition the he clip, but you can pry them off and put the on where they belong being careful not to break the new tabs. The old one was 30 years old when it broke... hth

Top Bottom