Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: I just received my kit yesterday for my 100 series 2002 LC. I ordered just the front row with perforations. Everything looks good, no issues. However, I seem to have some "extra" parts that I'm not really sure what to do with.
1. I have what appears to be (2) center console covers, in two different sizes.
2. I have (2) of each of the pieces below, I have no idea where these are supposed to go though.

1600177743233.png

I did not install them myself, but from what I gather the left is your center console or back seat pocket. The right is perhaps the back of your seat? Send Ridies an email to confirm would be the logical path I guess. GL!

I did not install them myself, but from what I gather the left is your center console or back seat pocket. The right is perhaps the back of your seat? Send Ridies an email to confirm would be the logical path I guess. GL!

Left the back pocket. Right is the door panel. Some people use these things and some don't. It is upto you. If you don't want then you can just throw them away.

Thanks

Pro Tip:

BEFORE you order this kit, or any kit, make sure you call your local upholstery places to make sure they'll actually install a kit they have never done before or even heard of. I called around extensively to get my kit installed and the responses generally went like this
1. I don't do any kits, only my own patterns.
2. I only do katskinz bc I can't be sure about anyone else's products and can't warranty the work
3. One guy pulled up the Ridies website and started deriding the kit based on the pictures on the front page and said he wouldn't touch the job
4. Only does kits that are ordered through him bc people can buy fakes and knockoffs that cause problems on install.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Pro Tip:

BEFORE you order this kit, or any kit, make sure you call your local upholstery places to make sure they'll actually install a kit they have never done before or even heard of. I called around extensively to get my kit installed and the responses generally went like this
2. I only do katskinz bc I can't be sure about anyone else's products and can't warranty the work
3. One guy pulled up the Ridies website and started deriding the kit based on the pictures on the front page and said he wouldn't touch the job
4. Only does kits that are ordered through him bc people can buy fakes and knockoffs that cause problems on install.

Your mileage may vary.

Lot of upholstery shops say that and then turn around and buy covers from us (or someone like us) but up charge you the price. We sell covers to upholstery shops all day long.

We also believe that we have more installed pictures then anybody else, and all our pictures are from our customers. We don't have the privilege to take 2 hours to take pictures.

Your review about us is not fair

Lot of upholstery shops say that and then turn around and buy covers from us (or someone like us) but up charge you the price. We sell covers to upholstery shops all day long.

We also believe that we have more installed pictures then anybody else, and all our pictures are from our customers. We don't have the privilege to take 2 hours to take pictures.

My "review"? I didn't provide a review, I provided an opinion of one installer I spoke with. If you think the pictures of the kits on your website look great, then great. I don't really care either way, I bought the kit after all, clearly I didn't agree with his opinion.

You are misinterpreting what he said. He was advising people to have their installation path lined up before purchase.

My "review"? I didn't provide a review, I provided an opinion of one installer I spoke with. If you think the pictures of the kits on your website look great, then great. I don't really care either way, I bought the kit after all, clearly I didn't agree with his opinion.

Maybe I miss-read. I apologize

Pro Tip:

Your mileage may vary.
Very legit points, thanks for sharing

Pro Tip:

Your mileage may vary.
I understand the points. I went to my installer and showed him pictures of the product prior to purchase.
He said, after install, that it was really no different than any other kits that he installs. There were a few challenging areas, but this was his first land cruiser. I took my seats to him, so he did not have to deal with uninstall/install.

I have couple of questions and I am hoping that someone who has installed our covers can answer these.

1. Do LX470 seats have air bags on them? Our covers do not come with pockets so how does that work?
2. Curve and straight inserts are interchangeable?
1601404235622.png

I will appreciate a response

Thanks

Later model LXs have airbags in the seats. This is a good question because I've got them in my truck and have been eyeing a set of your covers.

The straight line pattern to me like like it's from an 80 series.

Cool to see folks from Fishers as a vendor here, spent time there in my youth and have some good memories! Just to offer some suggestions, if you would offer the seat bottoms (or all panels) as individual to purchase I think you will sell more since often we are chasing a single section that has failed. Also, others make slip on covers which are very popular with this crowd for the ease of use, but the ones I see sell Land Cruiser pattern for the LX470 and they aren;t the same so I wouldn't install on my LX. I'm talking about OEM pattern and color, not as you also suggest the cheap slid on sloppy covers that are universal fit.
Best of luck to you all and welcome to MUD!
I agree. The upper rear-facing sections of my second row seats are all dashed up, that is what I need to repair.

Later model LXs have airbags in the seats. This is a good question because I've got them in my truck and have been eyeing a set of your covers.

The straight line pattern to me like like it's from an 80 series.

We need good pictures of inside of covers for the air bag pockets (probably size of that pocket too).

Anybody? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom