Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Not much you can do to keep it from becoming Old Cracked Leather. Remove UV and weather exposure. Thats it. Soap and water to clean. Clean up spills.
Do your realize that top layer is pretty much vinyl? Paint layer on top of leather has UV protection, etc. None of those "products" will event penetrate it. It is in a sense like vinyl.

Quality leather will last longer. Let's say you got same quality leather as it was from factory. It will look great 10 years. It will be like what you have in 20 years. I think it's pretty good. If you do keep it in shade - it will last even longer.

P.S. Modern vinyl's will outlast any leather. But they are not cheap. So its kind of weird feeling, pay more for vinyl :)

I bought the Full grain leather. I did query about MB-Tex but they won't do it, and if they would, it would be cost prohibitive. That would solve the problem. If I had your skills I would do MB-Tex.

No hidden “message” from me. There’s a limit to the number of pictures you can attach to a post. If you upload to an album, you can embed as many of those images as you want in a post. It’s just easier to upload in bulk when you’re dealing with a bunch of pics. They were handy, that’s all.

Thanks for your explanation. It does make sense.

I been through all this. Rejuvinate, dye, etc. Let's make it simple. Once leather done it's done. Take cardboard, soak it in oil. Is it "pliable"? Yes. It's exactly what happens with dried out leather and "products". @Ridies already responded with "clean with soapy water". Yes, this is it. And if you can - keep it out of sun. Tint your car and put windshield cover. Afterall our leather is 20 year old.. I was taking apart 20 yo BMW seats. Leather IS like cardboard, you can rip it with your hands. LX leather wasn't as bad. It's just old, not much you can really do. Buy new cover and move on.

Seats I painted (before on BMW) looked good for a while but it doesn't hold up. That's why I wanted to learn upholstery for myself.

P.S. Because upholstery so expensive companies that produce "snake oils" can advertise miracles. But in my experience... Maybe it's my own opinion. But. If leather shot it's shot. You can make it look good, paint, etc. But it won't last. Period.

I agree

Not sure about the soap and water other than as a cleaning methodology. I was asking about how to maintain the new seats. Old cracked Leather is Old Cracked leather. My question is how do you keep New Leather from becoming Old Cracked Leather. Already doing the windshield and tint deal.

The Leatherique I purchased and used I was not impressed with. I started trying it when the Leather started feeling a little stiff. Didn't seem to change anything in the long run and the seats failed somewhat shortly after that. My seats were not dirty ever.

All the leather makers always tell us not to use any chemicals from market. They might make your seats look shiny in the beginning but in the long term they will really hurt the leather.

Honestly, don't get synthetic/faux leather covers. If you get genuine or Nappa then you will be fine. We have lots of customers who have bought covers several years ago and their seats still look new

Here are seat covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser in genuine leather in light tan color.

1592248770095.png

1592248788447.png

1592248813990.png

1592248830635.png

All the leather makers always tell us not to use any chemicals from market. They might make your seats look shiny in the beginning but in the long term they will really hurt the leather.

Honestly, don't get synthetic/faux leather covers. If you get genuine or Nappa then you will be fine. We have lots of customers who have bought covers several years ago and their seats still look new

If you install MB-Tex, they will look new till Dinosaurs come back to inhabit the earth.

Here is another set of colors that customer ordered. All light grey Nappa with wrinkles in the middle. Here you can design your own LX470 Seat Covers

Most of the orders that we are getting for this car are either light grey or light tan.

We would love to get installed pictures here in this thread from you guys.

1593017254383.png

1593017281247.png

1593017301450.png

1593017315263.png

Here are some pics of mine. Not a huge fan of the armrests, however the leather and fitment of everything is absolutely perfect. The feel and the quality is wonderful and I am extremely happy with my purchase. The thickness of the padding under the leather is a huge plus.

20200623_063643.jpg

20200620_201114.jpg

20200620_195149.jpg

20200620_195140.jpg

20200620_190400.jpg

Just got mine today. 21 days from order. Napa Leather and VERY nicely made, very nice hand to the Leather. Front and second row. Be interesting to see how I pull this off... The second row looks like a real challenge.

Just got mine today. 21 days from order. Napa Leather and VERY nicely made, very nice hand to the Leather. Front and second row. Be interesting to see how I pull this off... The second row looks like a real challenge.
Good luck. Depending on difficulty level, i might be ordering the 2nd row pretty soon.

Has anyone tried Connolly Hide Care? Years ago I bought it when they called it Hyde Food... Awesome product made from beeswax and lanolin cream. An old source of mine used it on his Aston Martin rotisserie restorations. You need to apply it and let it soak in for a couple days/weekend... Use a clean cotton cloth to remove any excess and be prepared for a different look.

@lesgarten I am glad you did end up buying these because I swear half of your 625 posts must be in this thread. :rofl:

So whats the verdict everyone? I couldn't make it through all squabbling and the pissing matches. Are the kinks worked out of these? I see the leather is high quality and the install pics look good to me. Also, what is the closest color match to OEM tan?

Thanks.

@lesgarten I am glad you did end up buying these because I swear half of your 625 posts must be in this thread. :rofl:

So whats the verdict everyone? I couldn't make it through all squabbling and the pissing matches. Are the kinks worked out of these? I see the leather is high quality and the install pics look good to me. Also, what is the closest color match to OEM tan?

Thanks.
The vendor listened and made the changes requested and has a great product. I can't speak about Lseats, but very happy with the end result. I would buy from them again.
I think they call the color Light Tan. You have the option for LC or LX seats that are slightly different. Also the option for different color stitching. The color is a really close match to factory. Option for Wrinkles or smooth too. Be sure to get your cushions steamed in the process.

Thanks for these pictures and testimony.

Once you have your middle row done too, we would like to use your pictures (instead of the ones that we have today here 1998-2006 Lexus LX470 / Land Cruiser Leather Replacement Seat Covers With Center Console - $499.95 | Ridies.com because the ones we have are in sandstone color and you have light grey which is much more popular color for this vehicle. I will need your order number or name so that we know all the details about your order.

Thanks

Here are some pics of mine. Not a huge fan of the armrests, however the leather and fitment of everything is absolutely perfect. The feel and the quality is wonderful and I am extremely happy with my purchase. The thickness of the padding under the leather is a huge plus.

View attachment 2350288

View attachment 2350289

View attachment 2350290

View attachment 2350291

View attachment 2350292

The vendor listened and made the changes requested and has a great product. I can't speak about Lseats, but very happy with the end result. I would buy from them again.
I think they call the color Light Tan. You have the option for LC or LX seats that are slightly different. Also the option for different color stitching. The color is a really close match to factory. Option for Wrinkles or smooth too. Be sure to get your cushions steamed in the process.
Thanks the feedback.

Excuse my ignorance - what are you referring to when you say "Lseats"?

Please don't forget to post your pictures here :)

Has anyone tried Connolly Hide Care? Years ago I bought it when they called it Hyde Food... Awesome product made from beeswax and lanolin cream. An old source of mine used it on his Aston Martin rotisserie restorations. You need to apply it and let it soak in for a couple days/weekend... Use a clean cotton cloth to remove any excess and be prepared for a different look.

Please know that all the leather makers always tell us not to use any chemicals to clean the leather. They say, just use damped towel with soap to clean it and never let water sit on leather.

Just thought I should mention it here.

Thanks the feedback.

Excuse my ignorance - what are you referring to when you say "Lseats"?
No worries. Lseats is another manufacturer/ distributor of leather for the 100 series. They have a lot of complaints regarding customer service. I think they were $80 cheaper than Ridies but I believe that they had some pieces of the material, like the seatbacks, that are vinyl. I personally went with Ridies because they addressed all concerns on this forum and made the changes based on feedback. There were a few post where people bought from Lseats and either received the wrong product, did not receive the armrests with it or did not receive anything at all....ever. I received my covers in a little over a week. My upholstery guy said that they were better quality than many of his other vendors. I don't believe you will be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom