Replacement Seat Covers for LX470 / Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours do look killer.
Not wanting to take this off-topic. All I can say - you can't compare. I spent probably into 100+ hr now and still need to finish small rear seat. I talked to professional upholsterers. This is 60-70hr job to do 2 rows according to them. Which makes this price unbelievably low if you figure materials/supplies/labor.

Not wanting to take this off-topic. All I can say - you can't compare. I spent probably into 100+ hr now and still need to finish small rear seat. I talked to professional upholsterers. This is 60-70hr job to do 2 rows according to them. Which makes this price unbelievably low if you figure materials/supplies/labor.

Elf Labor -- Very reasonable...

NukeGoat, how many posts am I up to? :bounce:

Just placed my order!

• Material : Full-Grain Nappa Leather (+$150) $150.00
  • Leather Color : Light Grey
  • Inserts Color : Light Grey
  • Top Stitching Color : Light Grey
  • Center Console : Light Grey
  • Middle-Row Covers : Included $249.95
  • Wrinkles in Inserts: Yes
  • Land Cruiser or LX470: Land Cruiser
  • Style of Seats for LX470 / Land Cruiser: Straight Insert
Light Gray NAPA Leather. Land Cruiser Pattern. Wrinkles on the center 3 sections of the Back and the center two sections of the seat. Center console is USA thin pad.

These are nice leather upholstery, since these are not just "slip on seat covers," how difficult are they to get it installed? From your product photos, the seat also looks much fluffy, were extra padding added as well?
The installer said it was not anymore difficult than anything else. Took him about 3 hrs per seat. But, he does it everyday. He steamed the padding and brought it back to life. I highly recommend this.

The installer said it was not anymore difficult than anything else. Took him about 3 hrs per seat. But, he does it everyday. He steamed the padding and brought it back to life. I highly recommend this.

I've heard this before. How does steaming last? It seems to me it would perk it up and then it would cool and dry and go back to how it was?

Steaming brings foam back to shape and it will stay. But it’s not going to be same firmness. In my truck I steamed all of them but had to buy driver’s bottom. Very expensive but it makes difference

Steaming brings foam back to shape and it will stay. But it’s not going to be same firmness. In my truck I steamed all of them but had to buy driver’s bottom. Very expensive but it makes difference

I just ordered Driver's back and bottom as well.

I just did some quick checks and all the Toyota part numbers for the factory covers are identical from 1998-2000, so I don’t imagine there will be issues, but it would be nice to have some guarantees from @Ridies.

@Ridies I thought the 98-99 were the same interior as 2000? If not, are you planning to do those years as well? I would be interested in a set for a 99.

If someone install new covers without steaming the foam then they are not doing justice

I just did some quick checks and all the Toyota part numbers for the factory covers are identical from 1998-2000, so I don’t imagine there will be issues, but it would be nice to have some guarantees from @Ridies.

Can you p lease send us couple of pictures of your seats? I have a feeling that you are right and they should fit 1998 too, but if you could send picture then we will confirm.

Thanks

Are you able to view this album, it has over 40 pics of my seats from a 98:

I can take more if needed.

Can you p lease send us couple of pictures of your seats? I have a feeling that you are right and they should fit 1998 too, but if you could send picture then we will confirm.

Thanks

Are you able to view this album, it has over 40 pics of my seats from a 98:

I can take more if needed.

It looks like they will fit just fine but I have forwarded some of those pictures to manufacturing side to make sure. Will let you know asap.

BTW, I am not familiar with this album concept on forum. What is it? There are only pictures, no text so I am not sure what the "message" is behind those albums. Can someone please explain that to me?

Thanks

Got the confirmation from manufacturing. Yes our covers will fit just fine. We have also updated the listing, so it is 1998-2006.

Thanks for pushing us to do better!

It looks like they will fit just fine but I have forwarded some of those pictures to manufacturing side to make sure. Will let you know asap.

BTW, I am not familiar with this album concept on forum. What is it? There are only pictures, no text so I am not sure what the "message" is behind those albums. Can someone please explain that to me?

Thanks

No hidden “message” from me. There’s a limit to the number of pictures you can attach to a post. If you upload to an album, you can embed as many of those images as you want in a post. It’s just easier to upload in bulk when you’re dealing with a bunch of pics. They were handy, that’s all.

For the backstory, I did a write-up on restoring the leather in my truck using Leatherique‘s products. It turned out great and held up for a while, but now it’s got a couple gashes and is starting look bad again in the high-traffic spots. If the OE leather was thicker, it would have worked better.

Did leatherique rejuvenate those seats like that?
Leatherique and many hours. It’s labor intensive. I should have also pulled the covers, replaced the DS foam and reinforced some of the worn leather by gluing leather patches on the backside. It would have held up better that way, but if you’re going to all that trouble then new leather is probably the way to go.

Leatherique and many hours. It’s labor intensive. I should have also pulled the covers, replaced the DS foam and reinforced some of the worn leather by gluing leather patches on the backside. It would have held up better that way, but if you’re going to all that trouble then new leather is probably the way to go.

I ordered covers. I was just wondering because I tried some Leatherique on mine before the cracking and it didn't seem to help. I would like to know how to maintain for the future so I am not back here again.

I ordered covers. I was just wondering because I tried some Leatherique on mine before the cracking and it didn't seem to help. I would like to know how to maintain for the future so I am not back here again.

I been through all this. Rejuvinate, dye, etc. Let's make it simple. Once leather done it's done. Take cardboard, soak it in oil. Is it "pliable"? Yes. It's exactly what happens with dried out leather and "products". @Ridies already responded with "clean with soapy water". Yes, this is it. And if you can - keep it out of sun. Tint your car and put windshield cover. Afterall our leather is 20 year old.. I was taking apart 20 yo BMW seats. Leather IS like cardboard, you can rip it with your hands. LX leather wasn't as bad. It's just old, not much you can really do. Buy new cover and move on.

Seats I painted (before on BMW) looked good for a while but it doesn't hold up. That's why I wanted to learn upholstery for myself.

P.S. Because upholstery so expensive companies that produce "snake oils" can advertise miracles. But in my experience... Maybe it's my own opinion. But. If leather shot it's shot. You can make it look good, paint, etc. But it won't last. Period.

I been through all this. Rejuvinate, dye, etc. Let's make it simple. Once leather done it's done. Take cardboard, soak it in oil. Is it "pliable"? Yes. It's exactly what happens with dried out leather and "products". @Ridies already responded with "clean with soapy water". Yes, this is it. And if you can - keep it out of sun. Tint your car and put windshield cover. Afterall our leather is 20 year old.. I was taking apart 20 yo BMW seats. Leather IS like cardboard, you can rip it with your hands. LX leather wasn't as bad. It's just old, not much you can really do. Buy new cover and move on.

Seats I painted (before on BMW) looked good for a while but it doesn't hold up. That's why I wanted to learn upholstery for myself.

P.S. Because upholstery so expensive companies that produce "snake oils" can advertise miracles. But in my experience... Maybe it's my own opinion. But. If leather shot it's shot. You can make it look good, paint, etc. But it won't last. Period.

Not sure about the soap and water other than as a cleaning methodology. I was asking about how to maintain the new seats. Old cracked Leather is Old Cracked leather. My question is how do you keep New Leather from becoming Old Cracked Leather. Already doing the windshield and tint deal.

The Leatherique I purchased and used I was not impressed with. I started trying it when the Leather started feeling a little stiff. Didn't seem to change anything in the long run and the seats failed somewhat shortly after that. My seats were not dirty ever.

Not sure about the soap and water other than as a cleaning methodology. I was asking about how to maintain the new seats. Old cracked Leather is Old Cracked leather. My question is how do you keep New Leather from becoming Old Cracked Leather. Already doing the windshield and tint deal.

Correct. Not much you can do to keep it from becoming Old Cracked Leather. Remove UV and weather exposure. Thats it. Soap and water to clean. Clean up spills.
Do your realize that top layer is pretty much vinyl? Paint layer on top of leather has UV protection, etc. None of those "products" will event penetrate it. It is in a sense like vinyl.

Quality leather will last longer. Let's say you got same quality leather as it was from factory. It will look great 10 years. It will be like what you have in 20 years. I think it's pretty good. If you do keep it in shade - it will last even longer.

P.S. Modern vinyl's will outlast any leather. But they are not cheap. So its kind of weird feeling, pay more for vinyl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom