Replacement Headlight Bulbs - Revisited (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those of you who run the 9011 bulbs, what kind alteration did you need to do at the connector port to make it interface with the stock headlight harness?
You need to trim the center guide off in the bulb. I use flush cutters, works like a charm.
You will like the improved lighting

1637510517339.jpeg

Found this on another thread...
Cheers!

For those of you who run the 9011 bulbs, what kind alteration did you need to do at the connector port to make it interface with the stock headlight harness?
I have 9011 in the hi and lo beams. Nothing needed on one set of connectors, they plug right in. The other I was able to force the connector on, but you could grind down the two ridges inside the connector to make it fit better. I didn't want to modify the chassis side.

Thanks for the help deciding on headlamp replacements. I went with Hella 9005 in all 4 positions, specifically these. Normal outbard lamps are super clean and modern looking and for high beams I went with these slightly yellow ones which serve as awesome fog lamps when needed. 1 month and have yet to be flashed. Super happy and thanks again. $45 for 2 pair at summit
Screenshot_20220221-191517_Chrome.jpg

I'm running super bright white LEDs. Made sure I wasn't blinding oncoming traffic at least though. Great visibility. No regrets and no hassle or trouble with LEOs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom